“A truly amazing experience! Simply.... wow!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skydive Wanaka

Skydive Wanaka
Mustang Lane | Wanaka Airport, Wanaka, New Zealand (Formerly Skydive Lake Wanaka)
+64 3-443 7207
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Melbourne, Australia
40 attraction reviews
“A truly amazing experience! Simply.... wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was a long time coming. It took 12 months to be precise. I was meant to skydive with Skydive Wanaka in Feb last year but I'd left it late and, as unlucky as I can be at times (I really hate that!), Poseidon decided that he'd unleash clouds and rain over Wanaka when I was meant to jump.

I still remember my last day - I had to be at the airport in Queenstown to fly back to Melbourne at 1.30pm and I was still in Wanaka at 11am hoping that some miracle would happen and we'd go out. I was prepared to miss my flight! However, it wasn't meant to be so I promised myself that I'd come back a year later and I did!

It was so worth the wait. The guys at Wanaka Dropzone are great - really nice and friendly and they really ensure that you have a ball. I really like how the public area is set up with TVs for you to view your video and photos after your jump. Also the feeling you get walking through the door and seeing the plane on the other side in the hangar is so cool!

I jumped at 15,000 FT (I had to!) and, all jokes aside, this is by far the most highlight of my life so far - it was truly amazing - the view and scenery; it's stunning!

As much as it's gonna hurt my wallet, I have to admit that it's very very likely that I'll do it again on my next visit!

Visited February 2013
skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
So awesome to hear that we were able to get you skydiving Kevin - thank you so much for coming back to see us - and it's great to hear that Wanaka turned on some incredible weather for you !! Wahoooo !!! Your dedication to doing the jump (and almost missing your flight!!) did not go unnoticed by our frontline crew - who remembered you from last summer - and they were so pleased to get you in the skies and that we were able to part of such an amazing highlight for you - very cool :-) Thanks for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon !!

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Unforgettable...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

New Zealand is a dream...live it, and skidive above lake Wanaka! Staff is funny, relaxed and professional. Nothing to worry about...just relaxe and enjoy the view! I've had a great time at Skidive Wanaka, thanx to Alan and Geoff :)

Visited January 2013
Relax and Enjoy - I'm so pleased that you did and that you had fun with our team. Thank you so much for your lovely review !
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“SKYDIVE WANAKA 15,000FT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had the best time skydiving in Wanaka - Barney my jumper was very professional. I loved every moment - 15,000ft is the way to go! We had perfect weather.

Thank you so much guys!! BEST SKYDIVE IN SOUTH ISLAND.

Visited January 2013
Oh wow - BEST skydive in the South Island - thank you so much Emma, that is amazing !!! So pleased to hear that You loved your skydive with Barney. Thanks for choosing to skydive with us here in Wanaka :-)
Oslo, Norway
11 attraction reviews
“Skydive with a "Grand" view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Skydive Lake Wanaka run a professionally run business.
Friendly staff, good info. and a great skydive.

The view is magnificent!

Visited January 2013
skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
You are right, we have magnificent views, and we love sharing them !!! Thanks for your "thumbs up" - Love it !!! It's really cool to hear that you had a great time with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with others, and for choosing to skydive with us whilst you were in NZ.
Auckland
11 attraction reviews
“What a thrill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our daughter aged 20 wanted to skydive in Wanaka on our recent holiday. I hate heights and felt ill at this idea, but some how these people put me at ease. Our daughter had the most amazing experience, these people are serious about safety and serious about giving you an adventure you won't forget. I had a great time....remember I am the one who stayed on the ground! Grace had an even better time and it was made all the better because of the awesome people at Skydive Wanaka. What a beautiful place to throw yourself out of a plane.

Visited January 2013
So great to hear that our team put you at ease. You are right, safety is the only thing more important than having fun at our place !! Sometimes watching from the ground is as nerve wracking is getting in the plane - so well done to both of you. Awesome to hear that you had an incredible time and that you enjoyed the gorgeous scenery that Wanaka has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for recommending us to fellow travelers - and of course, for choosing to skydive with us here in Wanaka !!