This was a surprise treat for my two older children (11 & 7).
I travelled on my own with the children and it was the most wonderful positive experience. We have just returned from 6 fabulous nights and were not ready to leave :(
We arrived after 8pm due to a delayed flight from Brisbane, only to receive a warm welcome, kids were whisked away to the Kids Club Registration whilst I checked-in. A welcome drink was well received after a hectic day.
On the way to our room, we were fully briefed on where everthing was, how everything worked in our room!!
I opted for all inclusive whilst the children dined for free, kids can only eat in the Lagoon Restaurant, although adults can dine anywhere, it suited me to eat with the kids. The food was great, plenty of choices, the children's meals were great - not your usual nuggets and chips, but a variety from sandwiches to chicken snitzel, spag bol etc, they had a choice of 2 everyday and included a drink of juice.
We had a Lagoon View Room which I highly recommend, we had kids club behind us, ice and laundry were just down the stairs and a short walk to the pool and Lagoon Restaurant. Bed and pillows were super comfy.
We also highly recommend the Fire Walking Show and the Natadola Magical Tour - both fantastic!
I even managed to make it to the gym twice, all the equipment is in excellent condition and the view is amazing.
The kids only went to kids club a few times as we spent most of the time around the pool or in the Lagoon, they had a ball, my son climbed a coconut tree and they had crab races, drank coconut juice and made grass skirts. They loved going to kids club in the evening as they watched a movie, participated in talent quests and finished with a disco.
If I had to fault anything it would be, the shower could do with a little BAM, the room smelt a little mouldy when we first arrived, a little confusion over lunch, kids get served by one person and adults another :(
Overall we loved every minute and can't wait to go back! It was the little things, from Houskeeping making lovehearts out of our shell necklaces on the made bed with frangipani's to the gorgeous friendly staff that made us feel welcome. One thing that stood out was everything was very clean and tidy.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.