Bula! This is my favourite way to say hello :) My family and I have returned from an amazing holiday and the Shangri-La was a favourite. I was dubious about going as I had read all of the negative reviews but had already booked. I shouldn't have worried about anything. The Shangri-La was truly magical.
When we arrived early on a flight from LA we were able to check straight in (it was 6am) and were able to freshen up and enjoy the whole day instead of waiting around until check in time. After enjoying an amazing breakfast (the buffet had a great selection), we enjoyed a swim and then the kid's decided to spend some time in the Little Chief's Club. The kid's club was a hive of activity - crab hunting, fishing, mini olympics, villiage tours, there was never a dull moment.
While the kids were in kid's club my Husband and I were able to visit the Shell Market that is within the resort, locals make the most beautiful jewellery and knick knacks right there in front of you. They only take cash there so just remember to take your purse/wallet with you - everywhere else in the resort just charge items to your room.
Things may seem expensive when you see that NW magazine is $10.25 but when you do a little quick math and convert that back to Aussie (or even better USD) you see that the prices are not that bad at all.
The staff are so friendly and my children really enjoyed greeting everyone with "Bula". We had an Ocean View Room which had a spectacular view and couldn't fault the room at all. It was clean and fresh and the internet connection was great. My husband and I are planning another trip there for our 10th wedding anniversary next year.
If you have any questions or want to see more photos please feel free to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island