After reading some of the other reviews on this website before we went i was concerned about what to expect. However, when we arrived at the Shangri La and were taken to our rooms all of my concerns washed away. Our room overlooking the lagoon was absolutely beautiful, close to the pool, beach and most importantly the bars. There were four of us, my parents, my 16 year old brother and myself, so we were most definitely outnumbered by the younger families around. That was probably the only real downfall to where we were staying. It was hard to get some peace and quiet although it is fantastically catered to young families and will definitely stay there when i have children.
Everywhere you go and anytime you walked past a Shangri La employee they would greet you with BULA! you will probably get sick of it by the end of your trip like we were told we would but it is so beautiful and refreshing to be greeted by relaxed but bubbly people!
The food and drinks were lovely most of the time. I would definitely recommend the Takali terrace or Kalevu breakfast buffets such a big variety to cater to anyones needs. The other place which is a bit quieter for adults to have a few drinks is Bilo Bar, while the drinks are expensive ($8 for a beer, $25 average for a cocktail) they are so beautifully made and fresh. To those who are spirit drinkers it is a lot cheaper than drinking a cocktail. I drank vodka lemon lime bitters and if they use their local vodka it costs $10FJD. They too taste like a cocktail but at half the price! Definitely try all the restaurants and get a bit of taste for the different things that they may have. Our favourite place was the Beach bar and grill, it was right out the front of where we were staying so it was great.
The rest of the facilities were fantastic, the pools were clean, the grounds were well maintained and there wasn't a moment you didn't see someone working on the gardens or cleaning the pool. The only bad part would have been the complimentary wifi, it was quite deceiving as it is only available around the Takali terrace adults pool or the lobby. While it was not overly important its always good to have just to check in with close friends and relatives to let them know you're safe.
The Chi Spa was absolutely beautiful! while it took a little longer to be transferred to the spa from the lobby (Fiji time, get used to it) the treatment was fantastic, I had a tropical facial, which for 240FJD you had a back scrub, back massage, and a full one hour facial. they were also very helpful going through all their products. After our appointments the manager also kindly dropped us back after being 20 minutes late to begin with so that made up for that.
Overall our trip was absolutely wonderful, while there were a few small things when you're in such a beautiful place surrounded by nature all of those things don't seem important. A few things i would recommend, is save up enough money so you don't have to worry about bill shock as things are more expensive than you would think and if you are looking for a quiet relaxing time with a husband/wife or partner try and book into one of the bures. Finally, get used to Fiji Time, things sometimes take a while to get to you. It was a bit frustrating towards the end of the trip but at the end of the day have a drink and try and relax as much as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island