We had our wedding at Shangri La. We weren't sure what to expect, as anything can be photoshopped to look good on websites, but it turned out to be just as good in person. We could not have asked for a better wedding day. The wedding co-ordinator Iliseva did such a tremendous job, considering we pretty much had to leave most of the responsibility to her.
The chapel is absolutely stunning. It looks just like it does in the photos, and we were lucky enough to have beautiful blue skies for the day too! we had the Fijian choir entertain the guest whilst we waited for the bridal party to show up, and had serenaders playing acoustic Fijian music after the ceremony. The celebrant was terrific, and the photographer was great too (although we don't have our photos back yet, so I cant give a definitive review on that) There are heaps of other locations on the island to take photos which we made good use of, although we had our own photograhers for that.
We had our reception at the takali pool deck which was, apart from being a little windy at the start, was just perfect. The food amazing, the service was exceptional, there is not a single thing I would have changed. We had the fire dance show booked also, which was very entertaining.
now for the hotel in general. 99% of the staff were fantastic. Always smiling, extremely friendly and helpful. Food at all the restaurant's was pretty good. like some of the other reviews state, it is overpriced and you're kind of stuck eating at the resorts, as there is nothing else nearby. However, if you are aware of this and allow for it before you come, you wont be shocked. Buffet
breakfast is pretty good, I would recommend going to the adults only restaurant, as the service is a bit better, and its a lot quieter.
The buffet dinner at the takali restaurant wasn't too bad. FD$70 per person + drinks. good variety of food. beer's were FD$8 for Fiji gold.
The pizza restaurant is nice, pizza's are around FD$30-35, but they too about 40min-1 hour to make.
cocktails were about FD$25 each. I highly recommend the toblerone.
overall our experience was great, the only downside was their reception desk, our check out and the screw up of our airport transfers. Make sure you keep all your receipts so you can cross check with your invoice. I also recommend only having to deal with 1 room. we had to pay for 3 separate rooms, which took a bit of time sorting out. It was not made any easier by some of the incompetent workers at their reception desk. we had 2 extra charges that we weren't meant to pay for. They also were unable to locate the left overs of our wedding cake, which was a shame (we were told to call reception and they would have it sent to our room, it never arrived). They also cancelled our mini bus transfer to the airport, which caused us to get to the airport 55 minutes later than we were meant to!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island