We stayed for 6 nights with our young family. The grounds were beautiful, the food was delicious, however very heavily overpriced. The kids eat free only applied if you eat at 1 of the restaurants inside Shangri-la. A hamburger & chips was FJ$29.80, the buffet dinner was FJ$50.00 pp. The drinks also were very expensive. You are better off going into Sigatoka town shops to get some groceries, they sell alcohol there to, & are heaps cheaper. At the front desk you can organise a taxi, however if you talk to staff around the resort, some staff have connections & will offer you a taxi about FJ$10 cheaper to the resort's price. Some of the staff were really friemdly, others didn't even smile, & it seemed that they were saying Bula because they felt they had to.
There were dance shows at night, they charge FJ$75, but we stayed at the island & it was free nightly entertainment. However you get a meal with it, however at the island our meals were included. We found that if you wanted to do anythin, you needed money, as there was not a lot of free activities. The staff were not very helpful with letting us know what was on each day. We ended up finding a pamphlet that was at the back of 1 of the cupboards in the room, underneath a few other papers.
We used kids club, however the staff were not very enthusiastic with the kids. They did pretty good activities sometimes, however whenever I dropped them off they were all just sitting on chairs watching tv. I was expecting them to also be a lot friendlier.
Overall, the beach was quite nice, the pools were nice, the views from the Coral Wing pool were beautiful! However, I probably wouldn't stay here again, due to everything being so heavily priced & I don't think it's value for money and lives up to being a 4 and a half star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island