My husband and I got married at the Shangri La about 3 weeks ago. I was very nervous having our wedding there after reading some awful reviews, however our travel agent suggested we have our wedding a week before school holidays started, so we did! My wedding day was magical! We had a perfect day, we got married in the wedding chapel and had our reception on the beach, we had perfect weather and our wedding planner (Iliseva) was amazing! She had everything organised and nothing went wrong. So the Shangri La is a stunning place to have a wedding, the reception on the beach was also magical, so so so beautiful and service there was amazing! We were treated like royalty. I would recommend having the fire dancers, they made our wedding superb and very memorable! They were interactive and energetic, awesome!
We stayed in the superior ocean view part of the resort, our room was awesome! Cleaned daily, spacious and we had an amazing view from our room. I would recommend staying in this part of the resort as it is quieter and away from the pools.
The service is a little slow, but go for a swim, get to know the locals, relax and order 2 drinks at a time if you're so hung up about slow service! We didn't find this a problem, the staff were amazingly friendly.
However, we were there for a day or 2 into the school holidays and yes we noticed a HUGE difference, basically my advice is if you can, go a week before school holidays if you don't want to stay in a busy resort. School holidays are crazy, but this is not the workers fault, they are run off their feet, I felt sorry for them! Otherwise, book restaurants for dinner early, order a few drinks at a time and relax, the beach is beautiful! There is SO much to do, get amongst it!
The Chai spa was AMAZING!!! It's expensive but worth every cent. You will be seriously pampered there.
Food was good, I was sick of buffets by the end of my stay, but can't complain. The Golden Cowrie was by far our favorite restaurant, adults only, seemed to serve better food.
Over all, I loved this resort, we had the best time there. Cocktails are expensive, but we made the most of it, splurged and had the time of our lives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island