We were staying at the resort to attend a wedding (which didn't seem uncommon). The resort is large and is set over a large area. The white sandy beaches were great and it was appreciated that we could keep going back to use the watersports and bikes to ride around the island. We also played a round of golf and the course and the very laid back caddies were great.
The room was also comfortable and had an incredible ocean view which made sunrise and sunsets a joy.
The only real let down was the food. I know that I am spoilt living in Dubai but even the speciality restaurants weren't very special.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.