This place is the pits.. By rights I should still be staying there now as I write this however I have returned home 4 days early despite the accommodation and food being pre-paid... what does that tell you!!
I will try and be brief of the happenings on our awful stay however there is a lot to cover even in the short time we were there!
-Our bure leaked for three days (terrible weather during our three night stay) they did not rectify the problem, other than trying to upsell us at an extra cost to a higher room category dispite huge availabiltiy of rooms!
-Food is disgusting, and severely overpriced! Birds are a huge problem in the restaurant,on more than one occassion I saw the birds eating out of the uncovered breadroll basket prior to giving to guests. When I mentioned this to the waiter I was virtually ignored... To cap this off I bird "pooped" on me whilst having my lunch... Have they not heard of Bird Flu??
-Wait staff haggle you into buying drinks, and when we didnt order you either got ignored or had the menu thrown at you...
-Pool is dirty, as is the room and the resort in general
-Fine Dinning restaurant is rubbish, for those who have been to ports of call at the Sheraton, then this is the long lost destitute cousin of that fantastic restaurant..
-Our "Ocean View Bure" was about 100 metres from the murky, disgusting "beach" which is actually resembles the Atlantic Wall than an idyllic Fijian beach. You could barely see the ocean as the ocean front bures are infront of you.. Book them if you must stay here..
-When we raised our issues with the Resort Manager the response was fairly dissapointing and claiming that they have a no refunds policy.. What this says to me and should to you also is that they do not care about guest satisfaction, so before you commit to booking shop around....learn from our mistake
Overall they pretend to be something that they absolutely are not, their claims at luxury and fine dinning etc are simply not true. my humble advice would be stay elsewhere as there is plenty of choice, such as the Sheraton, Sofitel, Warwick, Fijian and many more... This was the worst three days of my life, and I say that without a word of embelishment... dont spoil your opinion of Fiji by staying here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 25 minutes from Nadi Airport. Award winning traditional accommodation comprises 123 rooms/bures. Two world-class restaurants with cuisine inspired by the best of European, Indian, Fijian and Asian Influences. 4 Bars, Large lagoon style pool with swim up bar, horseriding, tennis, volleyball, water sports, surf tours, shopping tours, snorkelling trips, dolphin watching trips, jet skis, sunset cruises, Spa Centre, free Kids Club, games room. Green Globe 21 certified. Perfect for Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Sonaisali Island Hotel Fiji
- Fiji Sonaisali Island Resort