Been 20 years since my first visit and how the place has changed.So many extra rooms,bars and so on.now has shopping.For me a disappointment.
The place has still some redeeming features.The pool,now extended vastly,is excellent ,nice swim up bar with ok seating.Along the shoreline it's still good to relax with a few Fiji Bitter beers.The entertainment is unchanged with lovo,Meke ,local singers etc.Rooms are ok without being outstanding,as is the food.Sraff are friendly and sometimes a bit too much Fiji time.
The resort is close to Nadi town,10/15 mins ,with the airport around 30mins.
A good spot if you want to travel the coral coast.
Still,if you want a place to stay and relax it's not too bad.For me though,I'm not returning.
The launch trip across the river may be a bit daunting for the frail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 25 minutes from Nadi Airport. Award winning traditional accommodation comprises 123 rooms/bures. Two world-class restaurants with cuisine inspired by the best of European, Indian, Fijian and Asian Influences. 4 Bars, Large lagoon style pool with swim up bar, horseriding, tennis, volleyball, water sports, surf tours, shopping tours, snorkelling trips, dolphin watching trips, jet skis, sunset cruises, Spa Centre, free Kids Club, games room. Green Globe 21 certified. Perfect for Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Sonaisali Island Hotel Fiji
- Fiji Sonaisali Island Resort