8th August 2013 - 15th August 2013
we really enjoyed our time at Sonaisali Island we had been looking forward to this trip for 6 months. Had no problem with flight or transfer to Island, we were greeted with a very friendly Bula found it very relaxing and enjoyable. The Fijian staff are so friendly and happy to you all the time.
The Bura we had was in an ideal spot although we had no hot water the toilet would not flush the fridge did not work the bathroom was very mouldy and dirty. The biggest downside to our stay was the food, the buffet and the al carte menu were the same day in day out hot food was always cold and took forever to come my daughter and I are both Coeliac and need gluten free food. This appeared to be in very short supply and the staff knowledge was very limited or non existant. Especially after we organised with the travel agent that the resort could prvovide gluten free food.
After one day on the Island I became very ill and on the last day found out that they were actually putiing gluten in my meals not happy at all!!!! My daughter also was ill!!!!
The day crusie to Mana Island was good and we had no trouble in connections with travel.
Dan took us on the Jungle cruise and was a wealth of knowledge and very interesting to listen to about the history of the Islands. Vinaka Dan. Internet was not accessable at the bura's ony at the resort part and had to be used within two hours and expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 25 minutes from Nadi Airport. Award winning traditional accommodation comprises 123 rooms/bures. Two world-class restaurants with cuisine inspired by the best of European, Indian, Fijian and Asian Influences. 4 Bars, Large lagoon style pool with swim up bar, horseriding, tennis, volleyball, water sports, surf tours, shopping tours, snorkelling trips, dolphin watching trips, jet skis, sunset cruises, Spa Centre, free Kids Club, games room. Green Globe 21 certified. Perfect for Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Sonaisali Island Hotel Fiji
- Fiji Sonaisali Island Resort