“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji

You added Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji to your Saves list
Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sonaisali Island Coral Coast | P.O.BOX 2544, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Sydney NSW
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Sonaisali Island Resort, WOW, what can I say? The island was above and beyond my wildest expectations
The service was excellent, my Bure was spotless, the food quick to arrive and delicious and by the 3rd night the staff knew what my drink of choice with dinner was.
The staff were so welcOming and friendly. They were courteous and polite at all times and nothing was too much trouble
Sonaisali is a quick 2min drive from Nadi if you want to do off island activities, however the activities on the island, both complimentary and the ones that are cost, are well worth it
My partner and I loved it that much that we hope to save enough money to be able to be married there next year when my family return for their annual holiday
Levu Vinaka to Duri, Sereana, Saula, Mili and Leii in particular for their friendship and friendliness
Vinaka Sonaisali

• Stayed July 2013
SIRGM, Executive Director at Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Bula Talika,

Fantastic to receive your wonderful posting Talika – a huge Vinaka from all of your
Sonaisali friends, of whom there are many.

We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed excellent service during your stay, that you found the standard of housekeeping to be “spotless” and that our Food & Beverage staff accorded you personalised attention.

As you have commented, the Resort’s location, conveniently situated within a 3 minute, 24 hour boat transfer to the mainland and just 20 minutes to the main Nadi Town and Port Denarau by road, is one of the our main attractions.

You sound as if you took full advantage of the many and varied Activities on offer on the island, however, and we thank you for recommending these to the wider Trip Advisor audience.

We were delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your wedding next year with yourself and family during your stay.

You have discovered at first hand that our dedicated Sonaisali team go out of their way to extend the warmest Welcome of any Resort in Fiji.

We look forward to ensuring your Special Day will truly be “Heaven on Earth.”

Our warmest regards to your family.
Nomuni Tokani Dina
(Fj: From Your Fiji Family)

Executive Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sonaisali Island Resort is a fantastic place, my daughter and I spent 7 fantastic nights at the resort for the period 13-20 July 2013.We booked an Ocean Front Spa Bure (B2) .We booked in at 9:30 pm on the 1st night and was delighted with the welcome.
The bure with its spa and fabulous ocean views was perfect ,The beds were very comfy .Every thing was fresh and clean.
With a Great Buffet Breakfast every morning and BBQ lunch, all the meal where amazing and catered to all tastes' and budgets .
But for a truly unique experience the Plantation Restaurant Nine Course Degustation Menu meal was out of this world.
As the name suggests this is an Island and there is a 5min 24/7 ferry ride between the resort and the mainland and a 15min taxi ride into Nadi
To Managers and all of the staff of Sonaisali who help to make this a truly Wonderful experience and awesome holiday " Vinaka ".
Michael & Annabel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SIRGM, Executive Director at Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Bula Michael & Annabel,

We were delighted to read your very enthusiastic review and thank you most sincerely for taking the time to share your experience on-line.

We are very pleased that Sonaisali enjoys a well-established position with your fellow Kiwis in the New Zealand market largely because of our wonderful year-round tropical climate and never-failing warm Fijian hospitality. Our Resort’s unique location, with it’s easy 24/07 access to the mainland is also a key selling point, as you have personally identified.

You also flagged our “perfect” bure accommodation, complete with outdoor spa and “fabulous ocean views” as key elements in the comfort level of your stay.

We would like to thank you for highlighting the Resort’s Fine Dining Restaurant. You may be interested to know that “Plantation” has been the worthy recipient of Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2012 and we agree that the nine-course Degustation Menu is “out of this world.” Vinaka.

We also thank you for your acknowledgement of our “Great Buffet Breakfast” and “amazing” meals. As you have suggested, the Resort menus are specifically designed to cater for all tastes and budgets.

As is evident, opinions can range from glowing reviews to less-than-favourable accounts. In your case, Michael & Annabel we couldn’t ask for a much better recommendation than “awesome” .

Your contribution has meant a great deal to our hard working team and we are extremely grateful that you have taken the time to acknowledge our efforts in this forum.

Loloma
(Fj: Grateful thanks)

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When we first arrived we thought we rived at a fabulous place , property and rooms were great as was our room which was large and well decorated as well as well maintained. However from that point things did not go well. The first meal we sent 2 of the 3 courses back nd should have snt the third one back as well but we had to have something to eat and did not wish to wait any longer and being on a Island had no further options. Food was cold, was obviously prepared and seemed stale , breakfast the service at the buffet was slack with many containers running out and not being refilled and staff did not care. We eventually choose to eat at their silver service resturant were a third of the courses were not available and on one of the couses that we did order where lobster was one of the main ingredient they servive it without, when questioned as to why were told they had no labster but were happy to present and try and charge for it. In my opinion very slack management and if the management choose to actuaslly do something could be a great venue. We will not return

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SIRGM, Executive Director at Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Bula Rod,

Delighted to hear that you considered accommodation at Sonaisali “great” in that you found your room to be “large, well decorated and well maintained.” Vinaka.

On the other hand, we’re very disappointed to learn that your dining experiences at the Resort did not live up to expectation. I would like to assure you that no food served is pre-prepared. We sincerely apologise if the meal delivered was cold and that our Breakfast Buffet appeared not to have been properly replenished. We will endeavour to ensure this is not the case in future.

At no stage during your stay were a third of the courses in our Plantation Fine Dining Restaurant not available. From time-to-time, because of the seasonal nature of some dishes, items may be substituted, as is common practice in most restaurants. It is much regretted that fresh Lobster was not available on the night. The main course dish you referred to, Chef’s Signature Oven Baked Seafood Coconut, although served without lobster, also contained fresh scallops, prawns, fish and squid. It is much regretted that Plantation staff did not adequately explain this and other menu changes, and for this we are deeply apologetic.

We thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, which has assisted in improving upon the quality of service offered at our Resort.

I regret that we will not have an opportunity to Welcome you back to Sonaisali in the future.

Tropical regards,

Executive Director.

Travelers are raving about these Sonaisali Island hotels

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

To set the scene: After I made the booking I had some doubts after reading some negative reviews particularly in the time following the most recent cyclone. My adult daughter and I (her dad) booked an Ocean Front Spa Bure (B32) for the period 13-20 July 2013. After the first few days our message back to our travel agent was " this'll do just fine". he whole week we did not have one negative experience at the resort. To the contrary, there were heaps of enjoyable experiences. These included:
* welcome champagne and huge fruit platter (it was my daughter's birthday);
* The bure with its spa and fabulous ocean views through the coconut palms was perfect.Every thing worked and was fresh and clean. The beds were very comfy. Just right not too firm.
* Great dining experience. Particularly loved the breakfast buffet and newly introduced BBQ lunch.
The willingness of all staff to assist but particularly the serving staff in the dining room (Thank you Tina).
* The Managers' complimentary Monday evening drinks and finger food. Another opportunity to meet people.
* The complimentary river cruise and sunset cruise with its champagne and finger food. Unfortunately the sun refused to cooperate.
* The 24/7 availability of the ferry between the mainland and the resort.
* The lush manicured gardens, the magnificent pool and the swim up bar.
Sorry to gush but we are already discussing dates for our return in 2014.
There is one suggestion I will make. Expand the internet availability to the Bures and hotel rooms.
Once again, many Vinakas.

Room Tip: We were very happy with the Ocean Front Bure.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SIRGM, Executive Director at Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Bula ,

Fantastic review Terrence, Vinaka Vaka Levu.

Management and Staff are highly appreciative of the considerable amount of time you’ve devoted to such a comprehensive posting.

Your seven-day stay clearly afforded amply opportunity for you experience our Resort at every level and we’re delighted to receive your glowing review as a result.

You’ve touched on almost every feature of Sonaisali which we also consider sets us apart from our competitors, including unique location (an island Resort but with 24/7 mainland access), Fijian-style ‘Bure” accommodation , complete with outdoor spa and “fabulous ocean views”.

Above all, our dedicated Sonaisali staff create a Guest experience second to none. Their warm and personal sense of pride in the Hotel is reflected at every level of the Resort’s operation , as countless other Trip Advisor contributors have correctly identified.

We thank you for your suggestion in relation to improving the range of internet connectivity and are pleased to advise that this undertaking is currently n progress.

On a lighter note, we regret that the sun “refused to co-operate” for the normally spectacular evening cruise, but will be delighted to make amends during your planned return visit!
We thank you most humbly for your review and for choosing our Resort for your family’s vacation.

I will look forward to Welcoming you back to Sonaisali in the near future.

Until then, from all of us
Loloma Levu and Loloma Vakabibi
(Fj: Warm Greetings)
Lautoka, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

A truly unique experience. I enjoyed every minute of the whole retreat.The services,the food and the facilities are all memories I will always treasure. This is the second trip to this awesome resort and I never felt so disappointed . Their services are high class and would like to acknowledge that. Thanks for the great hospitality Sonaisali!"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SIRGM, Executive Director at Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Bula,

Great review Esita and highly appreciated. As a return Guest to our “awesome” Resort, your feedback is particularly relevant in evaluating our performance.

You have specifically nominated two of what we consider to be two of the most important requirements of our Resort - superior service and “great hospitality” - as being well in evidence during your stay. Our wonderful Sonaisali team work very hard to deliver on both counts and we thank you most sincerely for your acknowledgement of their efforts in this regard.

I regret that I did not have an opportunity to meet you personally during your group’s retreat at the Resort, but would very much like to do so should we have the pleasure of Welcoming you back at some future date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should I be able to assist with bookings or any queries Esita. Vinaka.

Kind regards,
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Sonaisali Island Resort a few years back, my memory of it was that I had a fantastic experience. Really friendly Fijian people work there, LOADS of activities available - both free and paid for. Nice restaurant with great Buffet Breakfast every morning. I may be a little biased as this was organised by my boyfriend who surprised me with the whole trip that morning, so I was soooo surprised and so happy to be there that nothing could have spoilt it. In any case, the pool is lovely, the bure we stayed in was nice.... not that modern and not that tropical either... was a little dated but I didn't mind that, still really liked it. Don't leave your lights on at night... lots of creepy crawlies will be waiting for you when you arrive back - hehe. The white sand is a little shelly/rough. I think that was because to keep it looking fresh and white the bring it in from other beaches. The little ferry ride from the island to the mainland is great. The sunrise jet ski snorkel safari was AMAZING... would have to be one of the highlights oh and then Alfresco massage.... one of the best massages I have had. Nice welcome drink on arrival too :)
The only little tiny negatives would be they forgot to pick us up from the Airport and we had to call them to come collect us, and then we missed out on our arrival greeting. And they also forgot our dinner booking for the first night, but they fixed that up for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SIRGM, Executive Director at Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Bula,

Wonderful to have had the opportunity to Welcome you back to Sonaisali and we thank you for taking the time to post your very positive review.

The highlight of your stay was clearly the LOADS of Activities available at the Resort, especially the AMAZING sunrise jet ski snorkelling seafari. I note that you’ve also specifically highlighted the beachfront alfresco massage, a fantastic way to relax and make the most of our beautiful tropical setting.

We’re delighted that you found the Resort’s huge free-form rock pool equally appealing , although the tropical insect population less so!

We are deeply apologetic, however, that your “wonderful experience” was marred by the airport transfer miscommunication. This error on our part is deeply regretted and you will be pleased to know that we have taken steps to ensure that this does not recur.

We are very appreciate of both your patronage and very generous comments in relation to our “beautiful kind” staff. Vinaka vaka levu.

The Management and staff of the Resort hope to have yet another opportunity to Welcome you back to Sonaisali in the future.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here with my husband, our son and my parents. The view from our rooms were beautiful and the bure we stayed in was great. We had an incredible time, so relaxing nothing was too much trouble and the staff were delightful and very helpful. Our son had a great time in the pool and around the island and can't wait to go back and get his cuddles from Rachel. All the staff were fantastic (sorry I can't remember all their names) from playing bingo, learning Fijian, jet skiing or just relaxing they were very friendly. The only bad day was our last day when we were leaving as no one wanted to go home, a special thank you to Sereana for organising our late check out as I got badly sunburnt and could barely move it was very much appreciated. Thanks for a great holiday, would love to come back one day.

Regards Brett, Kellie & Jordan McGrath.

• Stayed May 2013
Bula Brett, Kellie & Jordan,

Wonderful to receive your enthusiastic review – a huge ni sa bula vinaka from all of us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed such a relaxing, yet obviously fun-filled family holiday, with something for everyone to enjoy.

Please let me assure you that our fantastic staff never tire of hearing comments extended by appreciative Guests in relation to them. The feedback constantly rewards their efforts and is a source of great pride and sense of achievement. Vinaka.

We’ve lost count of the number of times key staff, including Customer Care Sereana, have been singled out for individual recognition for services above and beyond and I thank you on her behalf for the acknowledgement.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of assistance in arranging a return visit to the Resort.

I would like to take the opportunity to personally Welcome you back to Sonaisali.

Warm regards,

Executive Director.

Been to Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji? Share your experiences!