First of all i read the reviews before i went and thought i dont want to come back and have to write a bad one but sad to say its all true. Let me start our fiasco.When we arrived we got out of the taxi and got on a boat to go across to the island my wife and i thought how nice is this,when we reached the island we were greated by a fijian car salesman we just got off the boat and old mate says BULA welcome to Sonaisali where are you staying in the motel or the bure ,i said in the motel he said well for $110.00 a night we can upgrade you to a bure i said no thanks mate we'll be right.The guy just kept going he said come and i'll show you the bure, so we said ok we'll have a look. After we had a look i said no mate were happy with the motel so he past us on to his mate behind the desk and he said what about $55.00 a night i said no thanks so he goes alright what about $55.00 for 5 nights out of the 10 we were staying, so i gave in and said yes.When we got to our bure we found our safe wasnt working so i called them up cause we had our passports and a fair bit of cash on us.The guy at reception sent a bloke up that couldnt fix it so we had to carry it around with us for a day and ahalf til someone did. The next morning i jumped up to have a shower after another warm night sleep because of our air con was only just hangin in by the skin of its teeth and there was no hot water.I reported the shower to reception and they informed me that the other three bure next to us also had no hot water and they would have it fixed in a couple of hours ,3 yes 3 days later and after we had to shower in the public toilet area in the main foyer i thought is this place for real but that 3rd day it was fixed. Inbetween all this our food intake from the resort was more like a colon cleansing for 7 out of 10 days there my wife and i had to fight for the toilet,the food was very ordinary at the end we were having toast for breakfast and my wife was having bread rolls for dinner we couldnt wait to get home and have a good feed.When we did go up for dinner i had to piggy back my wife up to the dining area because she was scared of the rats they were partying around the back of the kitchen area every time we walked past.We also rang reception for a clock for our room and thats still coming along with the new jug we asked for as the one that was in there leaked all over our floor.One afternoon my wife and i decided to have nap we were woken by what we thought was a lawn mower but was a motorised insectorcide machine ,well by the time i got up to see what was happening old mate on the machine who was spraying the plants for something decided to give us a squirt through our luver windows so we had to bail.The fijian people that worked there were just beautiful and always smiling and friendly for the management they liked to stay behind the door in reception which was a battle zone every time we walked through there people were just going off, there was one woman that just went ballistic and now i can understand why .When we went to pay our bill i said to the guy behind the counter mate theres no way im paying for the upgrade and i told him why so he took my bill out the back and adjusted it when i looked at it they subtracted the upgrade and decided to add $174.00 for a meal i said are you takin the **** the poor middle man looked at me and just walked back in the magic door and it was finaly fixed and we left the island.I thougth i'd done my homework on this place and what made me choose Sonaisali a mate of mine from work said " oh friends of mine own that place they"ll look after you" i went yep that will do well after i ripped him a new one when i got back i told him to tell his friends that it was a dump and would never go back.Im so disappionted that its AUSTRALIAN owned , im a very easy to please guy but this place is crap,do yourself a favour and avoid this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 25 minutes from Nadi Airport. Award winning traditional accommodation comprises 123 rooms/bures. Two world-class restaurants with cuisine inspired by the best of European, Indian, Fijian and Asian Influences. 4 Bars, Large lagoon style pool with swim up bar, horseriding, tennis, volleyball, water sports, surf tours, shopping tours, snorkelling trips, dolphin watching trips, jet skis, sunset cruises, Spa Centre, free Kids Club, games room. Green Globe 21 certified. Perfect for Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Hotel Sonaisali Island
- Sonaisali Island Hotel Fiji
- Fiji Sonaisali Island Resort