I stayed here over bank holiday weekend. On first impressions, it is a very modern, clean and inviting place, with a lovely pool area, and overlooking a beautiful bay. An ideal place for a spot of quiet sunbathing i had thought. I had one of the spa treatments, which was divine, although slightly pricey.
However whilst staying here i had a very distressing incident while i was there of a man phoning my room and making suggestive/personal comments. This could only have been one of the hotel staff, one of whom in particular was rather over-friendly. As a female traveling alone I was getting fed up of unwanted male attention, and had to come to a large family hotel to escape this sort of thing. Reception staff were moderately helpful in dealing with this problem, although denied that it could be one of their staff.
My other issue with this place was the live music, which was very loud (the building was literally shaking, and staff reported that this was an ongoing dispute between them and the band) although did finish at 11pm, and the noise from the bar/pool area below my room. There was a large group staying while i was there, and they kept me up until at least 2am - i could literally hear every word of their conversation. If you are staying here, i would recommend ensuring that they do not give you room anywhere near the pool area, although the views across the bay were lovely.
So i would say ideal if you are in a couple/group and aren't coming here looking for peace and quiet.
Cost $(FJ)170 per night.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Suva Lami Bay Hotel
- Novotel Suva Lami Bay Hotel Lami
- Tradewinds Hotel Suva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlooking the gorgeous Bay Of Islands, 15 minutes from the vibrant Fijian capital of Suva, Novotel Suva Lami Bay is the ideal destination for business or leisure. Most of the 108 rooms feature balconies with views of the lush tropical garden or picturesque Lami Bay. Fun local activities including diving, snorkeling and sailing are easily arranged by the ATS Tour Desk staff within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Novotel Suva Lami Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.