“Lovely setting, convenient to Suva” 4 of 5 stars

Novotel Suva Lami Bay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queen Road, Lami Bay, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lami
Santa Barbara, California
“Lovely setting, convenient to Suva”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you need to spend time in Suva, the Novotel in Lami Bay is an excellent choice. The location is gorgeous: right on the end of a quiet bay with wonderful views. The Tonique Bar is a great place for an evening drink (happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30); the bar selection is excellent, although the guitar-playing singer left something to be desired. Our room, a Garden View with one Queen bed and a single bed, was clean and amazingly spacious. We did hear a bit of noise from the main road outside but after about 11 pm it died down considerably. The staff was friendly and attentive for the most part. My only quibble is that when I asked the evening desk person about buses to Suva, I was not given any helpful information at all -- he didn't seem to have a clue. In the morning, while checking out, I discovered that the hotel actually offers a free shuttle to Suva on a fairly regular basis. Why the night person couldn't have told me about it is beyond me. Our air conditioner didn't work properly: a call to the desk resulted in an immediate response from Housekeeping who switched the batteries around in the remote control; this did not solve the problem so we had no A/C that night. Dinner at the Husk was fairly good for the price but we passed on the buffet breakfast which, at FJD 36.00/each seemed exorbitant. When I asked the night clerk if we could just have coffee and toast, he informed me that it would still count as the buffet breakfast. A few moments later, he said that I might be able to arrange coffee and toast for about FJD 19.00 ! We had breakfast in Suva instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed four nights at the Novotel Lami Bay and loved waking up in the morning to look straight out over the Bay. Sitting right alongside the water for a good buffet breakfast in the morning was also a highlight. The staff were extremely professional and very helpful, worthy of the best international hotels. Downsides? The ten minute taxi ride to town, if you want to be near shops etc, also the long wait for food - don't be in a hurry! The tiny pool and the sparse gym might also be a downside if keeping fit is your thing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed a the for week I found this great place. I must admit I was there for work. I found it this a very pleasant place to be. I stayed in room 122, I enjoyed the long walk to my room. The rooms are great and found them very relaxing nice and comfortable double bed. I had good Internet with cable TV. The highlight for me in the rooms was the shower. Nice water pressure and nice tempture. The swimming pool is a little to small and closes too early. The cuisine I found good and it was not the badly priced. I did find myself heading in to town couple nights about a 10 min ride in the complementary bus. And a cheap taxi fare home. For me the best thing about this hotel was the service provided by the staff and everyone that works there i can't couldn't begin to describe how great they are.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights and found it absolutely gorgeous. I loved the friendliness of the staff. The rooms were spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable.

The bar service not the quickest but that was about the only slight complaint. The food was gorgeous and the atmosphere was so relaxing.

Would definitely recommend to anyone who isn't after the traditional touristy accommodation.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Donetsk, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great hotel for business. Not so good for pleasure. Too contemporary and soulless. Small swimmingpool, cuisine is so-so. The only great at this hotel is the lobby and views. I'm not saying that it's a bad hotel. It's just too "civilized" for Fiji.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The garden view room was clean, with two double beds and a very small balcony over looking the rear garden. The location of the hotel is amazing and we were surprised with the price per night , $142 FJD. Dinner was good but we opted to go into Suva for breakfast. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Novotel Suva Lami Bay? Share your experiences!