“Vinaka Vakalevu” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Vinaka Vakalevu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

To all the wonderful staff at Novotel, especially Noa, Samisoni, Radini, Chetty, Room Attendants...thankyou & vinaka vakalevu for your friendly smiles, helpful attitude & excellent service, you all made our stay at this great location thoroughly enjoyable, although a couple of the grumpy ladies at the Travel Counter really need to learn to loosen up a bit..take heed from the rest of the friendly staff....smile & the whole world smiles with you. Mesmerising views towards the bay & luv the silidrigi in the evenings.

Would be an even better hotel if there was a functional laundry service for guests.

Perfect place to relax away from the hustle & bustle of Suva City...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Tulailai

Thank you for choosing Novotel Suva Lami and also for providing us with your review of our stay. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, especially the ones you have mentioned personally. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I will also pass onto the relevant people regarding your comments of the ladies at the travel desk who are employed by another company.

I do apologize also for the lack of an in house laundry as we wait for this to be completed after refurbishment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was staying for business for 10 days, I had originally booked a "Brand new superior room", with the option for 2 double beds, as I thought I could take dad along (we had recently lost mum to cancer). He wasn't up for it, and I changed the booking to a standard room.
I discovered later they still charged me for the superior room!

Part of all their bookings list Broadband internet, turns out that if you want wifi, that's extra. Actually turns out if you want internet thats extra too, so if you want broadband in your room, that's one exorbitant charge, and if you want wifi, that's a second (and no, the wi-fi doesn't reach to your room unless you are very close to reception).

The meals were hit and miss- when asking for fish ask them to cook it rare, otherwise you will get ultra well done, if you order other meat, ask them to cook it well done, and you will get medium rare.

The walls on the rooms were very thin, you can hear everything that's going on either side of you. TV noise is a pain.

Location wise you are in a lovely bay, but there really isn't anything nearby. They do offer a free shuttle in the morning and evening to Suva so getting into and out of town is easy enough. They are also on the main road, so you can catch a bus to the other side of the island if you are so inclined.

In the end, I went and stayed in Lautoka, and enjoyed every day there. The weather was very bad in and around Suva for the 10 days I stayed in November, I caught a couple of sunshine hours only, generally overcast or raining. Lautoka I got sunburned pretty quick.

Normally I would have been a bit happier, but the lack of sleep, overcharging, bad weather, poor food all combined to make a very unhappy customer. My worse travel experience in the last 4 years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the reception if you are paying for wi-fi, otherwise ask for one with no neighbo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Virtual_Mage

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are working very hard with the kitchen team and are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you encountered with your meals and prevent future occurrence.

Also Internet is very expensive in Fiji and the cost is passed onto our customers , the property I assure you makes no money from the providing this service

Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel would normally have been ok, however the biggest disappointment was that the rooms were not sound proof.

Our neighbours (who were locals) were chatting outside at all hours of the night. We could hear every single word clearly. We complained and they would not shut up. We called reception and complained, and they acted after our 3rd complaint. However, about 30 minutes the neighbours started yapping away again outside.

It was difficult to sleep, and it was disappointing that the hotel has been designed in this way.

Breakfast was average, however the dinners were quite nice.

I have not stayed in any other hotels in Suva / Lami Bay, hence it is difficult for me to recommend this hotel to other people.

( I have only recently been introduced to Trip Advisor, hence my review is late)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Nicholas M

Thank you for review and for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. I am sorry that you were disturbed by your neighbours and this took away from the enjoyment of your stay.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your comments relating to how we handled your initial complaints are valid feedback and rest assured that we have implemented new procedures since you stayed with us last year to deal with this sort of situation should it occur again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The location is great and they could make so much more of it. The food is just edible.i was on a work trip an we used their meeting room that had a very strong smell of wet carpet. Thankfully we moved to a room that did not stink.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Sam S

Thank you for very much for choosing Novotel Suva Lami Bay for your recent business trip. I do aplogise that not all of your experiences were as you had wished for.

I will review these comments with the relevant departments and use them constructively to improve upon our products and services that we offer our guests with a view that they match the great location as you mention - I trust the location will bring you back and give us an opportunity to once again serve you.

I look forward to seeing you back at Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Ipswich, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed 10 days at the Lami bay Resort Novotel. The overall experience was fantastic, the staff could not have been more helpful, they could teach some Ausrtalian Hotels how to treat customers. The room although a bit small was presented very clean and everything in working order. the view from our balcony was breathtaking. The staff in the restuarant and bar area were very professional, a special mention to Leba our waitress, very polite and helpful in explaining the different food types. Overall the whole experience was wonderful, we are returning with some friends to share the experience and pleasure we had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear markmanfiji

Thank you very much for chossing Novotel Suva Lami Bay and we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, especially Leba she will be delighted that she help make your stay that much more enjoyable. This feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff who continuously strive improve the quality of our services, although they do not always get the recognition

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

2nd stay within 2 weeks. Much better experience mainly die to a better room with a firmer bed. Attention to details was appreciated. Only downer was the length of time it took to checkout. if this is kept up it would be good to see.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Sy75

Thank you again for choosing to stay at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, it is indeed a pleasure to have local customers stay and appreciate what the property offers.

All feedback we receive from our guests is taken seriously and action is taken where possible to ensure that all future stays are better than the last - as in your case.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was booked in to stay for 9 nights but left after 7 nights. Food expensive and average. Stayed in the brand new superior room which smelt right throughout my stay. Pool is only open until 8pm compared to Novotel Nadi which is 24hours. I was staying with children and asked the reception not give keys to the children, 3 times reception had given keys to the room I was staying in to relatives who just asked for a room key. Very unreliable, very unsafe. On one particular day I called reception for fresh towels at 2.30pm I had to wait till 5.30pm and was not given a reason as to why it took so long. Not satisfied at all with management at hotel. But there was one particular member of staff who was exceptional, Ranadi front office staff member very helpful and knowledgable. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Novotel Nadi is total different story. But Novotel Lami, I will never stay here ever again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Belina V

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you encountered with your room keys being given out to your extended family. Guest safety is always a key focus of management here at the property hence while the pool is closed at 8.00pm or upon darkness whichever comes first.

I will share your comments with our team, especially Randini who will be delighted that she was recognised by yourself for her service. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our exceptional staff as they strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Been to Novotel Suva Lami Bay? Share your experiences!