“Fit for the purpose” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Lami
Napier, New Zealand
“Fit for the purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

For the price paid I cannot fault this hotel. Rooms are a good size, bed very comfortable.
The view from the restaurant and bar is very relaxing. Checkin /out was efficient and friendly.
Breakfast was OK,maybe could be improved with better coffee options..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear quickstop909

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

after many trips to suva finally got to stay here for 4 nights. location is very resort like on the water and its about 10 to 15 mins from suva central which i thought is a benefit. but that means limited local amenities such as food; restaurants and bars etc. so you must rely on the hotel for the comforts which i found was acceptable but a little more costly.

rooms are spacious but a little tired - for such very acceptable. like other posts i found the bed mattress too soft which gave me a sore lower back.

for the price id choose novotel over holiday inn but if money is no object then holiday inn wins on all fronts

• Stayed December 2012
Dear sy75

Yes the property is a little distance from the high and bustle of the CBD and as you say it does provide a benefit more and more of our guests are recognizing. We appreciate your comments regarding the rooms and our maintenance and housekeeping team are constantly on the move ensuring the property is well maintained.

Nadi, Fiji
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I will make this short:
This place is a disgrace to accor hotels, hadn't it been Radini this place wouldn't be getting 3/5.
The staff are in the leastest interested to serve you, except Radini who was really good at her work.
If i asked a staff to do something they would tell me to call from the room, and if you ask for something in the room, you might as well get it from the reception otherwise it will never reach.
My whole stay went by asking for creamer, but I never got it.
The sleep quality of this hotel however is excellent, but it is not a very good business class hotel.

I however am happy about the fact that when i filled their customer suggestion form Va followed up with me, another reason why I have given another point.

There are snakes on the premises and the staff comfort you, another half point and the room quality another 1/4, thats how I get the rating

Room Tip: choose a garden view room on the Nadi Wing to save yourself from snakes.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you only knew lol, I will be writing to head office.
Pick your standards up, disappointing, disgraceful, dirty, over
Riced and unpleasant.
Front counter saff makes the hotel, had it not been for they efforts you would have empty rooms.

Room Tip: Ocean view top floor, these are the rooms that seem to have newer air-con units in them and the most...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Staying there for 2 nights. I was given a room with a perfect view, facing the sea and the pool. It was located on the 2nd floor. As an Accor loyal customer, I was given a free internet access. The hotel is slightly out of town; but, since I was planning to have a full rest before working, this wasn't an issue.

The staffs are fantastic. On day 2, someone called me asking if everything's fine with me, or do I need anything else.

The quality of in room dining service was also fantastic.

The only complaint that I have was that the room is not entirely sound proof. I could hear people talking from the next room. I was lucky that they're checking out after 1 night I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Novotel Suva Lami Bay? Share your experiences!