BULA!! We (me, partner, 3 1/2yo and 4 month old) have just spent 5 wonderful nights in Fiji (not long enough).
We had a 1 bedroom unit on the third floor on the Sheraton side, overlooking one of the pools (room 364). As a family with young children we loved this room type as we were able to put the kids down for a sleep and still able to watch tv etc in the living area without disturbing them. Another great feature was the laundry facilities. Housekeeping was quite happy to provide as many packets of washing powder at no extra cost which was great. The bedroom was great. You could easily fit 3 to 4 porta cots in the room if you needed to. Each room was individually air-conditioned and adjustable.
I would recommend this resort to all ages. We were lucky enough to be fairly close to the lift but it was a bit of a walk to it. If you were restricted with climbing stairs or walking distances I would reconsider booking this resort. ‘Blu’ restaurant where breakfast is, is a bit of a walk around the pools depending on where in the resort you are. You access the resort from the 2nd level. If you are on levels 1 or 3 you need to walk up and down flights of stairs. If you have a pram I would ask for a room on the second level or near the lift. We got great views and a lovely breeze being on the 3rd level. Friends on level 1 said they didn't get a breeze and couldn't leave their door open when they weren't there due to no security. Veranda doors are fly screened.
We had breakfast included at 'Blu' restaurant. It was quite adequate with all the normal items but as someone who loves to have hashbrowns at a buffet, I was disappointed as they didn't have them. We also ate the buffet dinner there one night and I really enjoyed that. We had dinner another night at Watercourt which was very reasonably priced and wonderful food. We had lunch at Neptunes and that was also really good. Everything is served very quickly and the majority of staff were happy to accommodate anything we needed. I am a fussy eater.
This was a great resort and VERY family friendly. If you are a couple on your honeymoon I wouldn't recommend this resort. They do have an adults only pool but it is only separated from the other pools by a small garden.
The beach is kind of non existent unless you walk towards Sheraton and Westin. If you want white beaches, Denarau is not the place to stay; you need to go to an island. The sand is clean but brown/black in colour with lots of small rocks. Definitely make use of the resort pools, especially the slide which we could hardly keep our son off. It was a hit.
We did a tour up into the highlands which we enjoyed (can't remember the name but it was a yellow brochure). Bumped our way up a very steep dirt track in a Landcruiser 4WD nursing my infant son. Visited a school and a village which was really good. At the village tour they prepared a feast for us. It would have fed about 8 people. We had been told to eat lunch before we left so didn't eat a lot. If you were intending to do some sort of trip to visit a school, I highly recommend bringing blank work books and pencils/pens and story books to donate. It was sad to see their library so sparse. My son has more books than they do.
We had a great time in Fiji and that was thanks to the resort and its staff who were more than helpful. I have already started saving to go back again! Next time we might stay at an island though to see something different.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island Hotel Denarau Island
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island Hotel
- Radisson Fiji
- Radisson Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Radisson
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiji's newest luxury beach front Resort offers a myriad of resort facilities nestled around lagoon swimming pools and lush tropical gardens combined with warm genuine Fijian hospitality. 270 luxuriously appointed and spacious guestrooms & suites combined with a contemporary and unique Fijian blend. Choose either a Guest Room or 1 & 2 Bedroom Suites with views of the Gardens, Lagoon or Ocean. Indulge in 5 lagoon swimming pools (one exclusively for Adults), Jacuzzis, Harmony Spa or free non motorised water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.