I would agree with some past reveiwers that this is NOT a Hilton hotel. I am a Diamond member and have stayed at many Hiltons worldwide - we had quite a negative experience at this resort. At first glance (reception area), the hotel seemed great. Very trendy and contemporary style (which I like). There's more..
We were on our honeymoon, staying 2 nights at this resort before departing to Malolo Island. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, top floor. During the 2 nights, we were forced to change rooms TWICE. Once due to massive ants in our kitchen and bathroom counters upon arrival, and the second time due to the A/C unit breaking down in the entire building. Of course, we notified Management of both issues - first, the AC issue went unresolved for EIGHT hours, with no updates from the front desk. I had to call THREE times for an update. In the end, we had to move rooms. Regarding the ants, management again was not very responsive when I called to alert them that I had ants all over my personal items and luggage. They seemed shocked at first, but after speaking to housekeeping and the Nuku staff during our stay, I was told this is normal in Fiji. I would be fine with the "this is normal" response, had management not made it seem to be such a shock, so I of course, attempted to have the problem rectified - was not successful. Ants could be found everywhere in the room - from livingroom to kitchen to bathroom. I think this is normal for Fiji, so it's not a knock on the resort, just a precaution. I was not expecting this.
Staff - not that friendly. I think I only met 1 person that seemed genuinely friendly.
Restaurant areas - not so nice and clean. Found ants and flies all over the buffet food each morning, with no attempts in sight to keep them away.
Positive - pool areas are nice. It was quiet, as I think January is during the non-peak time of the year.
I do not think the prices are a good value for the experience and accommodations. I would not recommend this hotel, granted I have not been to the other hotels on Denarau. if they are all the same, it's a shame then.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort
- Hilton Fiji
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Denarau Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What's your idea of the perfect escape? Perhaps it's spending precious time together as a family. Maybe you want to rediscover romance, in a setting that's simply breathtaking. Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy relaxing spa treatments and superb cuisine...For sheer romance, a glorious honeymoon, your best family break ever or a golfer's dream holiday, Hilton in Fiji makes the perfect setting. Welcome to your perfect escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.