“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Denarau Island
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights following 7 days out on the Yasawa Islands 'slumming' it backpacker style. So it's fair to say we enjoyed the step up.

Everything was nice. The studio room we stayed in was comfortable. It had a bit of a weird shared door between the shower and the toilet. We also had two very minor maintenance issues (no door handle on our balcony door and a dodgy down light turning on and off). I reported these but they were never fixed.

Both the restaurants were great. Very delicious food. Reasonably priced.

The pools were great and we enjoyed spending our days sunning ourselves on the lounges and swimming in the pools. It was especially good to have some kid free pools!

This is a good hotel. But we spent most of our time wishing we were still back out on the Yasawas. Personally I don't know why you would come to Fiji and spend all your time here. It's very western and doesn't give you a taste of the real fiji. I'd rather go to a nice Gold Coast hotel in Aus than go overseas and not experience the Fijian culture but that's just me.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Bula Chris B,
Thank you very much for your feedback further to your stay.
It seems that Denarau is possibly not the best match for your expectations, despite the many cultural activities, and of course the warm Fijian hospitality we offer.
I am sorry to learn about the technical shortfalls in your rooms, and will investigate the reasons why they were not fixed. In the mean time, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I still hope that you will come back to us at some stage, and enjoy the many Fijian experiences we offer on a daily basis.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Korean first
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went to Hilton Fiji resort for a wedding in March 2014. As soon as we arrived we felt the stress disappearing. The wedding was gorgeous (a wedding package the Hilton offers), and the resort was beautiful, rooms very comfortable and the resort bars and restaurants are right on the beach - perfect for having a cocktail and watching the amazing sunsets. The stand out for the entire holiday was the very friendly Fijians. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff, and even when we headed to the marina (great restaurants and bars), all the locals were so helpful, polite and always had a smile on their faces! Would definitely go back for a relaxing break.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Bula Fei1954,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of the resort and its team. We are of course delighted that you have enjoyed the facilities, service, as well as the wedding that we organized.
We look forward to your return for another relaxing vacation.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here one night after 4nights at Octopus Resort, Waya Island. Had spent 2nights at the Radisson when we arrived in Fiji. Wished we had stayed an extra night or two, rooms are nicer than the Radisson but both Resorts were great. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula Danessa6163,
Thank you for your comments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to have you for a longer stay when you are back in Fiji.
Thornleigh, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I celebrated my birthday this year at the Hilton in Fiji! A friend and I arrived at the Hilton Fiji Resort and Spa and were taken care of right away, after we checked in with the very kind staff we were taken to our villa in private buggy.

Some may have thought that it was too far of a walk from the main area, however my friend and I enjoyed the privacy and also the walk was filled with the most beautiful flowers and plants.

The room was cleaned every day and we were given Fiji water and new shampoo etc. On my birthday I was greeted with 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' written over my bed in coconut leaves, after this I was then sung to by the staff. Another favorite was happy hour twice a day every day!!

Buffet breakfast is a must and the staff make sure you have everything that you need. One staff member who I will never forget was Sukulu - I was made to feel so welcome and comfortable while staying at the Hilton, I literally cried when it was time to come back to Sydney!!

We stayed for a week and we felt like we were so at home!! I will be visiting all of the friends I made at the Hilton again!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bula Guest1801,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am of course thrilled that your vacation and birthday celebration were made so special by Sukulu and the team.
We all look forward to your return for more of this ‘beautiful vibe’.
Belrose, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great family holiday. Everything was top shelf except the service at the restaurants. Having 3 kids we ate most nights during peak hour and the staff were stretched. Pre or post this time (6-8pm) it was fine. Other than that, the resort was fantastic and staff were very helpful and welcoming. The kids club staff are excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bula Sean L,
Many thanks for choosing Hilton for your family holiday in Fiji and for your feedback. I am glad that you have enjoyed the many facilities and services for families, including the complimentary kids club and kids meals for children 0-10 years old. In addition to lunch (noon to 2pm), complimentary dinner for kids is available between 5.30 and 7.30pm in the 2 main outlets, which might explain the busy time - we have since put additional resources to avoid any delay in terms of service.
Thank you again for your review and very kind words about the team. We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Bula!

We stayed at the Hilton for 6 nights in March, apparently it is the wettest month and also cyclone season - but that did not dampen our stay (excuse the pun)! The staff were beautiful and friendly, the hotel room was very comfortable, especially the deep soaking bath tub and the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries/products were exquisite! Always clean, which is important for me. When I wasn't at the spa, I felt like I was still being pampered in my very room! Exactly what a holiday should be. The L'Epicier has (hands down) the best pizza I have ever tasted - and this is coming from a Melbournian. Must have been all the natural produce or the sea air or simply talented staff (or all the above).

I know a few people have noted the distance of the rooms to the main areas (pools, reception, restaurant), but there was always a hotel buggy around the corner and you always had the option of ordering one from reception. In fact, we quite enjoyed the walk, it forced us to slow down and smell the roses a bit. There was always some activity or entertainment which kept us occupied in the evening and also it was a short $14 taxi ride into town for some souvenir shopping and a local meal (local fish and chips/fish curry at Jacks cafe - rear of Jacks handicraft stall - was amazing!). And a $7 taxi ride or short walk to other hotels in Denarau Island if you wanted to try a different restaurant or even swimming pool! Although we were quite content with the Hilton and enjoyed the amenities offered there. Don't forget to check out at least one of the surrounding islands from the marina close by!

There is an activities stall - which if I wasn't there to just laze by the pool and drink Vonu beer or the cocktail of the day I would have definitely checked out. The spa was truly a wonderful experience, I highly recommend the express spa by pool side, if you aren't into long 2 hour massages, the 30 minute express ones were as rejuvenating and plus you are outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather with the sound of the ocean - bliss!

We miss everyone we met there - Marika who kept us entertained, Gabby at the activities/booking counter, the beautiful ladies at the spa and everyone else who we met on our trip. We look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: If you want to relax I would suggest to request a room a bit away from the pool as it can get a bit...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula Tarika S,
Thank you very much for your very encouraging comments. We are of course thrilled that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to your return.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I cant say enough about this place. The villas were spacious and had an excellent view of the beach. The room was cleaned pretty late - but only once in the 5 days that we were there was that an issue.
The food was exceptional. We ate dinner and one dim sum lunch at the restaurants there, both of them had high quality food, which came out relatively quickly. It was worth paying for breakfast every morning (8am-11am), with a huge buffet selection at the Nuku restaurant which changed slightly every day. The chefs were accommodating to cook up a fried / poached egg if you did not want the scrambled egg. The adults only breakfast at Maravu was a nice touch when you didnt want to be surrounded by children (who at the time of our stay were not a problem).
We arrived fairly early the first day (before 3pm check in time) and left early on our last day, and although we had paid for breakfast everyday - leaving early on the last day we would have missed it. When we asked about having breakfast on the day we arrived before check in as we couldnt use it on the last day, that was not an issue. This made us love the hotel from the first minute we were there.

The pools were crystal clear and again, the adults only side was a lovely - splash and scream free - experience. There were plenty of different activities to do there - for kids and adults - but we were disappointed that the Fiji cooking class did not take place on the time and day it was advertised. Walking down the beach to the hotel next door you could use the paddleboards / canoes for free for 30mins, which was nice.

The staff at the Hilton are so friendly, and for the first two days we could not figure out why everyone was so happy there, from the grounds people to the cleaning ladies to the resort customer service staff, everyone greeted you with a "BULA" (Boo-Lah) and a large smile. We found out late on the 2nd day that not only is it a greeting, but also means a blessing of health and happiness and everlasting smile. this changed completely how we said Bula from then on.

Initially I thought that no free wifi in the rooms was a bit of a let down - but not having to check your phone every 10 mins while you were in the room was actually nice. There is free wifi down by the pool.

When I come back to Fiji I will be staying with the Hilton again, and I hope my experience is exactly the same. Thank you to everyone there.

Room Tip: All the Villas have beach front views. Some are a long walk from reception & pool & restaur...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula Greg_Number_5,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of the resort. The team is proud to have been part of what seems to have been a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us.
We have indeed taken your feedback on board as part of our on-going improvement process and hope you will come back soon to experience Fijian hospitality at its best.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Been to Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton? Share your experiences!