“Vinaka Hilton Fiji, if all my holidays were this good....” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Denarau Island
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Vinaka Hilton Fiji, if all my holidays were this good....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, rooms have all the mod cons, good facilities, very friendly crew who are happy to help. Close to the port and adrenaline activities. Don't overlook the resort eateries. Nuku had some good restaurant dishes and Maruvu the noodle bar is so so much more, Nasi Goreng = awesome. Entrees very nice too all for ~ $30 FJD

• Stayed May 2013
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Bula LincolnA,
Thank you very much for your review and great comments about your stay. It was very motivating for the team to learn that thir hard work and dedication are noticed and appreciated.
We all look forward to your return to Fiji for another memorable vacation.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa and it was everything we imagined. The room was beautiful and right on the beach. The staff were really friendly and always helpful, always giving us ideas on what to do.
5 Fijian Dollars was all you need for a taxi to get from the resort to the Port Denarau Shopping Centre.
The food was a little pricey but thats what we had expected. For the two of us, our average dinner was about 80 Fijian Dollars.
Lots of activities to do!
Will surely consider going back again next year.

• Stayed June 2013
Bula janan94941,
Many thanks for your review and your very kind words about the team here.
We certainly look forward to your return next year.
Mornington, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the 1 br apartment. The finishings in the room are far from quality. There is a nice bath which was enjoyable. Dinner was ok but again didn't compare to our experience 2 yrs ago. The gym is very basic. Upon checkout we had other guests charges against our account which they then spent a good 15 mins checking before allowing us to check out which caused us to be later than we would have liked for our airport checkin. Atmosphere again nothing great. Skip denarau and go to the coral coast.

Bula Genna-lee,
Thank you for your review. I have read your comments with great attention, and would certainly like to find out more about the ‘finishings’ in the room, as well as the dinner experience – I will contact you through private message reg. this.
I am sorry for the charges on your bill that did not leong to you. We deliver an information bill on the eve of the departure, allowing guests to go through their account and ask for clarification if need be.
You seem to be more of ‘Coral coast’ fan, and I hope you will come back to Fiji for your next break.
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great rooms. We booked a two bedroom place and was very happy with the space of the rooms and each room has its own bathroom. The air con does blow straight onto the bed which I didn't like that much. Some repairs were still being done (I guess from the recent cyclone) and there was some hammering noises during the day but a quick phone call to reception and all was quiet. The rooms are spread out so its either a 10 min walk to the pool/breakfast or call for a golf cart. During busy times the carts can take up to 10 mins to come and pick you up.
A friend of ours ordered inroom pizzas for lunch and it took over an hour to be delivered.
The pools were great. All different depths for kids and adults.
In general a great stay with great facilities, very clean and value for money.

Bula wortho8,
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay. I am of course glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are indeed right to stress that the resort is spread over 1.5km of beachfront, making it a distinctive style of accommodation in Denarau. Our guests do enjoy great privacy, stunning ocean views and a unique feeling of luxury.
I also noted the shortfalls you reported and for which I would like to apologize – they were shared with the managers in charge, so that we ensure there is no reoccurrence.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your views, and we look forward to your return.
Sunshine Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A hotel well spread out along a big stretch of beach, with 8 pools & various eating areas. Doesn't feel as if you are tripping over children everywhere. Caters for adult only pools & eating areas.
Nice modern units, walk in showers & modern bathrooms. Can request units with BBQ's.
Only downside is the very ordinary reception area, which can be quite chaotic & messy. An early check in is not recommended, basically killed time till 3 in the afternoon. Morning planes & boats don't fit into their schedule. Other hotels do try to accommodate, & are generally very good about it. Reception here were not interested, & we were left to our own devices.
Restaurant food was great.
Entertainment one evening was wonderful, with the Cook Island dancers, fire eaters etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula KLTSushineCoast,
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay. I understand that you have had an enjoyable stay with us, however, I also noted your comments about early check-in. We do endeavour to accommodate check ins before 3pm, and encourage guests to let us know in advance.
I hope that this incident has not marred your vacation, and we do hope that you will come back soon to our shores.
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights & to be honest I don't know what all the hype is about. I have stayed at much better resorts on the Coral Coast! For a "Hilton" resort I was much disappointed.
Arrival - Every resort I have stayed at in Fiji (even backpacker resorts), there is always a staff member who walks you to your room upon checking in... Not the case here... We checked in & then had to find our own way to our room, which wasn't easy to find.. No quick tour of where everything is or update on breakfast times etc
Room (Studio room) - Very clean & bigger than I expected... The room was very nice... However, being a studio room one would assume the customers staying would either be a couple or a solo traveller (given there's only 1 double bed)... So not sure why they are located right across from the kids club!!! Spent my 2 mornings being woken up early by screaming kids :/
Beach - If you want to call it that... Black sand, muddy water... Wasn't tempted to swim at all.. But it is a man made beach on swamp/mangrove land so I guess it's what to expect... Much better beaches on the Coral Coast!
Pools - Great that there is 7 to pick from... Pity they are all lined up one right next to the other! Yes, 7 pools all in a row! No swim up bar on any... Adult pool is great to have, however being placed right next to the only family restaurant probably not a good move as you still get to enjoy the sounds of the screaming kids
Staff - Ok I guess
Food - Breakfast was really nice, ate out at the marina all other times
Pricing - Alcohol is expensive & so is the food, but that's what you would expect from a resort anyway
Transport - I love how this place has a monopoly on the taxis! No chance in catching a normal taxi, you must take their personal car hire if leaving the resort... FJ$20 will get you to Nadi nightlife, heading back by normal taxi the same trip cost FJ$11... When we tried to get a normal taxi out the next day, we were told by a staff member we couldn't because he (the taxi man) would take us to the bush!!??!? We still wanted to take the normal taxi (we have been living in Fiji for over a year & are comfortable taking taxis), however staff told us point blank we couldn't & had to take the car hire... Nice job in ripping off the tourists!
All in all I would never stay here again... I have stayed in many resorts in Fiji & most others where much much nicer... If you're thinking of staying here, I would suggest making the trip to an island instead or if you are wanting to stay on the mainland, head to Coral Coast... The same price will get you much better value for money & the beaches do not compare to the Hilton 'beach'

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bula o-Vanessa-o,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about the resort.
It was disappointing to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations all the way. I would like to add that the hotel is not involved in any mean into the way taxis are run from Denarau island. Taxi fares are set for the most common destination and a copy of the fares is available from the Concierge desk.
I hope that we will still have the opportunity to welcoming you back, and share the levels of quality that our guests come for.
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our stay at Fiji Beach Resort and Spa managed by Hilton was a nightmare.

We stayed at Hilton for one night and I am happy that it was the only one night, because few months ago I had a reservation for 14 nights.

First room was dirty, there were dirty spots everywhere. Outside pool and daybed was also dirty, they were covered with bird excrements.

We booked 2 bedroom suite, but in fact we did get 2 connecting rooms. So we had to use connecting door. But the door was locked and nobody was able to unlock it. So we had to go outside from the room and use the card to enter the other room. How comfortable.

I insisted to change our room for a better room, which will be at least clean and with no need to use outside door to get to other bedroom or bathroom.

I had to go to 3 another rooms until I was satisfied. The 4th room was large with view to the beach. There were also many problems at the room, such as locked safe boxes (both of them), dirty spots on furniture and unuseable internet connection (I paid a special rate with internet, but it was disconnected many times and very slow). A lot of equipment at room was damaged, such as BBQ, windows, some pieces of furniture. But we were there for one night, so we stayed at this room.

We had a turndown service, but nobody showed up until 10 PM. So I had to call front desk to send a maid. We did get a welcome letter, that we will get a present as a valued customer. We did not get any present. Also we never did get any free water during turndown service.

Because we were not satisfied with our stay and wasted a lot of time with reporting problems at front desk, we did make a deal with front desk manager, that we will get a 50 % off. I was surprised and very disappointed, when I came home and found that the hotel took not only the amount for the room, but also the preauthorized ammount. So they took my 1.380 FJD without any reason. I hope that I will get my money back. I reported it to the hotel, they told me it will take 10 working days to get my money back.

Be sure to choose a different hotel, because this one need a better maintenance, many improvements, at least an idea of five star service and better management.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Komarcz,
Thank you for your comments about your stay. It is of course very disturbing to read about the series of unusual and unfortunate incidents you had to go through. I will be contacting you through private message in order to clarify the situations you had to go through.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back, so that you may experience the quality and service that our guests come and come back for.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Been to Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton? Share your experiences!