We returned to the Hilton Beach Club and Resort - managed by Hilton - for another pre-Christmas family holiday after a great experience here 2 years ago.
Perhaps it is unfair to blame the Hotel entirely for our ruined holiday as we were there during the major hurricane - but the issue was the poor response that the hotel made AFTER the Tropical Cyclone that pretty much ensured our holiday was a complete failure.
We were there for two days before the tropical cyclone struck - for the remaining 6 days of our holiday and nights we had no hot water, no water at at times, no toilet flushing, no TV, no air conditioning and very limited resort services. Just NOT what you expect from a five star resort.
The cyclone strippped our roof of tiles and the during and after the cyclone the room was a wash with water. There was no support from the hotel staff despite numerous calls and we had to basically clean up the water and room ourselves.
For the two days after the cyclone the hotel was serving a "dinner buffet" for $75 a head that was simply a couple of overcooked and dry roast meats and some unappetizing boiled vegetables - a long way short of a banquet and grossly overpriced for what was delivered. Breakfast was really cut back to what I would consider a "limited continental breakfast" rather than the full breakfast we had paid for and expected.
We heard that other resorts on Denarau were giving their guests full and complimentary buffets - but the Hilton just kept on charging...
It took three days to even get one swimming pool back in service and the remaining pools were disgusting, unsanitary and smelly. Upon changing our flights and checking out a day early, there was no refund for the unused day nor even an apology for the lack of breakfasts, dinners, hot water and aircon.
Our traveling companions checked out three days early and despite receiving no refund, their room was re-let just hours after they left - at the full rack rate of $1200 a night.
Clearly the tropical cyclone was a financial winner for the hotel - who charged full rack rates to the poor families that were evacuated from the islands and then provided no refunds and very limited service (and a major cost saving to the hotel) to booked guests. They probably managed to claim their resort damage on insurance (or charged to thei owers of the apartments) - which we couldn't do - and after saving on service costs and over-charging stranded guests, my opinion of this resort has gone way down and I will never return here ever again..
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort
- Hilton Fiji
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Denarau Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What's your idea of the perfect escape? Perhaps it's spending precious time together as a family. Maybe you want to rediscover romance, in a setting that's simply breathtaking. Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy relaxing spa treatments and superb cuisine...For sheer romance, a glorious honeymoon, your best family break ever or a golfer's dream holiday, Hilton in Fiji makes the perfect setting. Welcome to your perfect escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.