“Fantastic Place, Fantastic people” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Denarau Island
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Place, Fantastic people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

This was a place we chose for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had never been to Fiji before and dont think we could have chose a better place to stay. We were lucky enough to have a beach front villa right near the pools and restaurants. The facilities here are fabulous, the Nuku restaurant and bar are great and having the three guys at happy hour singing and playing guitars and ukulele just made for a magnificent atmosphere. Unfortunately we also found the food at the noodle bar disappointing but that was easy fixed by not returning for another meal.
The staff are really great and there friendliness toward the guests is just another reason why we will be going back.
Vinaka Vakelevu to the staff at the Hilton for making this our best holiday ever.

Room Tip: try to book a room numbered from 101-116
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Dear Kevin P,
Thank you very much for choosing the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton for your special celebration.
It was very rewarding for the team here to learn that their friendliness really made a difference and certainly made your holiday memorable.
I am sorry that you did not find the food at Maravu to your liking. We are in the process of upgrading the menu, and certainly hope that you will enjoy it upon your return.
We look forward to having you back for your 26th wedding anniversary!

General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Korean first
Tortola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The good

First, the pool is nice, right facing the beach.
The property has expensive, but nice rooms.
The check in is cool like in a tent like indoor/outdoor setting.
The location is fun, it is not real fiji. this is a carved out denaru place where a bunch of resorts are and your in a secluded property.
It has good situated restaurants right on the beach facing the ocean.

The bad.

The fijian ethnic staff are not properly trained. They need to learn to serve all foreigners equally i think. I think they did not this properly. The waiting time inspite of reservations is not something you would expect at this location. The english translation training is required, as these people are a bit slow and when you talk fast and talk complex food in big money items, they get nervous and mess up your order, and if they have a prejudice they will mess it up even more, which is ridiculous.

The hotel adventure sports staff is dumb as hell too, often having a " no" attitude, just google some other sky diving and other companies in the area and call them direct and do a hotel pick up, the adventure sports folk at the hotel have a small kiosk at the far end of the hotel near the beach, and they do not know how to explain anything, try to overcharge and overhustle, and often because they are lazy, they will not do follow up calls to get your needs met.

If you rent dvd's from the shopping mall rental store they recommend a bus ride too, make sure u test the dvd at the rental store to see if it works.

make sure you check ur bill, because the restaurant staff goofs up and can and has billed the wrong number.

they need to train the staff to understand english speaking sophisticated traveller needs.

if they charge that much, they need to shape up.

Room Tip: avoid the adventure sports kiosk try instead sky diving fiji company
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sale S,
Many thanks for sharing your opinions about the resort. Whilst it is my understanding that you have enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us, I also read that you have experienced some challenges, for which I would like to apologize.
As we pride ourselves on having a well-trained team, always very eager to assist, I would really appreciate to have additional feedback on the restaurant. Please feel free to contact me at Frederic.Lebegue@hilton.com . It will also be an opportunity to gather additional info reg. the incident with the excursions/sky dive and share it with the 3rd party in charge.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

First Impressions of the Hotel upon arriving - The Lobby quite worn, and did not look right. Later told that it is in fact a temporary Lobby whilst a new one is being built (unsure if this was correct or not) Check in was quick and convenient. We had booked to stay in a One Bedroom Beachfront. The room we were assigned was 4207. We were offered a lift to the room on a buggy and accepted - luckily. It turned out that the room was over a kilometre away from the reception/pool area, and almost twice as long to the Gym/Spa. It appears also that they are furtehr building down the penninsula with another 500 metres of building under construction. The room was very nice, upstairs, beautiful bathroom. But the distance of the room from everything was just annoying. We walked the trip to the pools/restaurants a couple of times, and took 10 - 15 minutes each time. Which you wouldnt think to be long, but when you want to be relaxing by the pool or eating dinner on Holidays - it is forever. Arranging for the buggy pick up was also a hassle, particularly in the pouring rain.

After one day in this room i requested being moved closer to reception which was arranged very easily, and was a relief. Our new room 307 was a bit smaller, but still had all we needed, and was in a perfect location. We were very happy that the move was accommodated so easily. Im sure in the peak seaon however when the hotel is full it would not be so easy.

The swimming pools were very nice, clean, modern. However they could have used a bit of shade over some of the swimming area. They could also do with a spa/whirlpool.

The restaurants were faily average. The buffet breakfast at Nuku was fairly simple, offering little for someone who likes to venture away from the basic egg, bacon, or toast staple. Lunch from Nuku was nice and seemed to be much better quality than the noodle bar. The food at the noodle bar was not very nice. We ordered room service one night - stay away from the pizza unless you want a cheese coma.

The staff were quite friendly. As a male, with a male partner i could tell this put off some of the male staff. But the majority of the staff were extremely professional, and very helpful.

Overall the hotel is very nice, the rooms are very comfortable, the staff are very friendly and helpful - but the hotel really does need to do something about initiating a better system of getting people to and from the rooms that are so far away.

A big thank you for moving us to a more convenient room however.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to reception as possible. Do not accept a room number over 2000
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Alexander R,
Many thanks for sharing your impressions of your stay at the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton. I am of course glad to read that you have had an enjoyable stay, and would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points that you kindly shared.
The lobby is indeed a temporary facility, however, an upgrade programme is currently taking place, in order to uplift its look and feel. I am sorry you felt it did not look right – whilst it offers limited space, it is also cozy enough to ensure that every guest is greeted and looked after in case of any need.
The resort offers a unique setting with 1.2 km of beach, ensuring great views, privacy and a feeling of seclusion even when the resort is full. It also means that some of the rooms are distant from the main facilities. However, a shuttle service is in place, and pick ups can be ordered at any time through operator. I am sorry that this service was disrupted when it rained – we are in the process of getting addiitonal carts to avoid any repetition. I am also glad to hear that your request to move to a room closer to the main acilities could be entertained.
I am sorry you did not enjoy the food at Maravu (Asian restaurant), and that the selection at Nuku for breakfast was not up to your expectations: we make a point of cooking any special dish upon request, and can only regret that this option was not offered.
Your kind words about the friendiness and helfulness of the team were shared and much appreciated. However, I would like to apologize if the behaviour of some of our team members was perceived as inappropriate. I can
Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to your return, hopefully for a longer stay and even better impressions!

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed at this wonderful Hotel from 26th Feb to 2nd March. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. We had our honeymoon in Fiji 40 years earlier and as a surprise for me my husband and adult children booked this holiday. Everything was more than we could ever have hoped for. From the time we arrived we were greeted with big smiles and a genuine concern that we were having a good time. We stayed in a Studio Beach front room that was great as it was on the ground floor and we could walk straight out onto the grass and on to the beach. The room was always spotlessly cleaned every day with lovely little touches such as flowers arranged as hearts on the bed. When we arrived we were greeted by Hiram (the Front Office Duty Manger) who presented us with a lovely chocolate cake with "Happy 40th Anniversary". As a surprise our 2 children and their partners also stayed at this hotel, so we could celebrate as a family. Their rooms and experience was equally as wonderful as ours. The food was great (as were the many cocktails) in Nuku restaurant and the Thai restaurant has the best Thai food we had ever had. All the swimming pools were sparkling clean and irresistible. My experience just keeps getting better because the second day we were there my husband proposed once again and told me we were renewing our wedding vows (he was really sweating on a "yes"). My wonderful husband and family had arranged a "Dream Again" - Renewal of Vows ceremony through Tadra Weddings. My daughter had most of the contact with Tadra to organize all the details and said they were a great company to deal with. We had an incredible, simple and elegant set up on the grass in the late afternoon. The celebrant who conducted the ceremony was a lovely Fijian man (actually he was a Reverend) and made our ceremony very special.
We also had a full spa treatment at the spa (which I think was part of the room package). I can highly recommend this. They were professional and friendly and we left floating on air.
So, as you can see, my experience at the Fiji Beach Resort and Spa - Hilton was nothing less than magical and thank you to all the wonderful people at the Hilton who helped make it something to remember always. P.S. Just before we left our daughter's boyfriend proposed - she said "yes" so maybe we can do it all again in the near future.
Vinaka.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor from 701 through to 1001 are in a great spot. There aren't as many ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RosalindAustralia,
Many thanks for your very nice review and very kind words. It was a pleasure for the team to find out that your special celebration was such a success. We live and breathe hospitality and enjoy tremendously creating very fond memories of Fiji.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for your son’s the wedding.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is some sort of timeshare or partially owner owned property. They have owners lounge, although not a Hilton club lounge. The unit that I had was quite residential as it had a washer & dryer, refrigerator, dish washer, hot plates, and a grill on the outside patio.

There are quite a few airport taxis at the arrivals area. Local taxis would be probably cheaper but getting one would be a challenge. I tried but gave up after ten minutes. The airport taxis are not that expensive. It took around 20 minutes in pouring rain to get to the Hilton. The fare was 20 FJD.

The check in area is immediately to the left when you arrive to the hotel. They had all the paperwork ready. Some of the units are quite a faraway from the check in desk. I had a buggy taking me to the 2801 with my bags.

I was assigned a ground floor “suite”. It was basically just a large open space that had been divided by couple of doors.

The bathroom was very well stocked. You could do your own laundry using the washing machine and the dryer. The bath tub looked nice, although I didn’t use it. They had the new Peter Thomas Roth line of amenities, but for some reason had the old La Source pump bottles in the shower.

The resort doesn’t have wireless access and the Ethernet cable that they had was very short. I requested them to bring me a wireless router so that I could use both my PC and MacBook Air laptops. For some reason the wireless router they brought didn’t work, but the longer Ethernet cable was enough for my need.

There are two pools that are divided by a restaurant. These are fairly large sized and had sun chairs all around them. The weather was terrible for the day I was in the resort. It was mainly raining non-stop, but when there was a bit of sun there were immediately few people on the pool area.

The beach itself is unremarkable, but this is the case with all the hotels in the Denarau area. You cannot really spend any time in the beach itself, but that’s why there are pools.

The fitness center was in the opposite corner of the resort from my suite. It was quite small but had the equipment that I needed for a quick workout.

My tip would be to eat the breakfast inside. I took a table outside and when I went to pick up something there was immediately number of birds picking up on my plate. I quickly decided to re-seat myself inside. The breakfast selection was quite nice and what you would expect from a resort. The service was slow but that is not unexpected in Fiji.

This was a fine resort, but I wasn’t entirely satisfied with my brief stay. It could have been due to being in Denarau that is an isolated tourist area where there is nothing else around. You can always take a taxi to the Queens road where there are bars and restaurants which the locals go.

My tip would be to get a room/suite that is closer located to the central area of the resort. If you are “housed” in the very west or very east in the resort, it will be quite a hike to anywhere. I did saw quite a few people using the buggies to get around. You can probably get one by calling the operator.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear LoyaltyLobby,
Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay at the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton.
The team and I are of course delighted that you have had such a nice stay with us. I would like to take the opportunity to clarify some of the very constructive feedback you shared in your review.
Body gel and shampoo in the showers are displayed in pump containers in order to support our environmental programme. The Peter Thomas Roth line has just become available in this format, hence the La Source products which are still used for a limited time.
Some of our premium rooms do have wireless internet access, and we are in the process of installing this feature in all our rooms. I am sorry to learn about the wireless router not working, and I will certainly ensure this does not re-occur.
I would like to apologize about the birds being a nuisance during breakfast. This is a very seasonal occurrence, and will no longer be an inconvenience within the next few days.
We are working relentlessly to ensure prompt and friendly service to our guests, and I am sorry your experience was not up to your expectations. We shall certainly take your feedback as a ground for additional training of our team.
I noticed that you mentioned about the isolation of the resort. However, the proximity of the Marina with shops and restaurants, of Nadi, and of the various islands for excursions make the resort an ideal spot for a relaxing, yet active holiday.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

Olive Branch, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel twice recently and both times were warmly greeted by each member of hte hotel staff. In fact, one morning, very early I stepped out on the lanai to get some fresh air and a staff member way out on the beach saw me, waved and yelled Bula! What a nice way to wake in the morning.

The lobby is a bit underwhelming, but the rooms are magnificent. I believe I was in a 1 bedroom suite each time I stayed and I prefer the room and location of the 800's versus the 2800's which were a much farther walk and not quite as nice.

Ate in the restaurant and enjoyed some island music. The curry was very good. Swam in the pool late one night. Very enjoyable.

Beach isn't that nice, but it's the same for all the hotels on Denarau Island. But pool areas make up for it! Plenty to choose from.

Definately the resort to stay at during a trip to Denarau Island in Fiji.

Taxi Advice: First taxi from Nadi airport charged me FJD25 one way (I asked before I got in the taxi and no meter was used). Friends paid FJD30. Trip from the hotel to the airport also cost FJD30 - taxi is arranged by the hotel and they don't use Yellow Taxi's; their taxi's are much nicer. However, on my second trip from the Airport to the Resort, the driver used the meter and the fare was only FJD19.30.

Room Tip: Upgrade to 1 bedroom suite in the 800's
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Deontas,
Many thanks for choosing our resort and for sharing your comments further to your stay.
It was a pleasure for the team and I to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your vacation with us. I am particularly glad that the warm morning greeting of one of our team member made such an impression. We live and breathe hospitality, and it is always very rewarding to read that it is noticed.
The team and I look forward to your next stay at the resort.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

This place is bliss... No doubt about it... Great for a relaxing holiday, especially if u have kids. The rooms are superlative, service unparalleled, pools immaculate, kids club entertaining, and spa heavenly.

Just 2 issues, which have been raised in other reviews and I will confirm...

1. The resort is parallel to the beach and rooms can be as far as almost 1km from the reception/spa/kids club, and this can be a bit annoying after a couple of long walks. There are resort shuttles, but not many, and not consistent enough. We had to walk 50% of the time, and although on occasions a phone call to reception led to a shuttle arriving, there were times when it didn't. Although catering well to families to kids, this can be a bit of a let down. Make no mistake though, this does not undermine the service which is brilliant.

2. The 'beach' is almost a misnomer, there is water, and there is sand, dirty so... They try quite a bit to have a beach like feel, but let's face it, if u want a serene beach, u don't come here, or any other mainland resort for that matter.

Must add that the food is excellent, and for the technology buffs, this is heaven.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear wasimmehr,
Thank you very much for choosing the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton and for taking the time to post your comments.
The team and I are of course thrilled to learn that you find the place ‘bliss’, and that you rated some of the key features (pools, kids club, spa, food, …) of the resort very highly.
I am also sorry to read about the inconsistency in terms of shuttle service, and I have since taken the necessary measures in order to avoid any re-occurrence,
I would also like to take the opportunity to clarify that the sand on the beach is not dirty, but its natural color is simply grey.
Thank you once again for sharing your comments, and I look forward to your next visit to Fiji,

General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Been to Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton? Share your experiences!