“Denarau. wyndham resort.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Melbourne, Australia
“Denarau. wyndham resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was lucky enough to be asked along as a guest of a time share member. We had a week in one of the original 2 bedroom apartments at the back of the resort. I have to say, we had a ball. The apartment was very comfortable,and had the things to make you comfortable. The pool area was lovely, and we used it to the fullest. Very clean. It is a pain in the neck to have to wash your pool towel every day because you get charged for a fresh one. In a full week nobody touches your room as far as servicing, and we heard another guest say that they had been quoted $100 to have their sheets changed. Really? And you have paid a membership fee??? The staff member who was charged with the task of rounding up people for the timeshare talk was obsessive to the point that she rang us at 7.30 one morning to see if we were going to go to the talk that day! And we weren't the only ones that happened to. Grrrr. The staff overall were very good, helpful and happy. Greetings to Naj on the front desk who was excellent.He helped me with a legal document I had to get back to Australia and it was just not a problem. Didn't like that the sales lady for timeshare had a friend she put us on to for a day trip, and he ripped us off. Thought he would be good if she had recommended him, but he was a pleasant man but a con man. There was a handout for him everywhere we went, and he double dipped in charging us. Naughty. I would happily at the Wyndham again.

Room Tip: I think that the idea of pool ?ocean view room sounds nice, but was happy not to have one as it woul...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Queenstown, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Worldmark en route to the states in a 2 bedroom apartment
We had booked on a special deal which meant we had to attend the presentation.
The room was incredibly cheap for 3 nights and brand new with plenty of space
We found the resort food over priced and unlike the reviews wasn't overly impressed with Mamacitas restaurant
We tried to dine outside the grounds as much as possible
Pool was great lots of shade for the baby
The staff were lovely and friendly

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The good things about Wyndham is that, the two bedroom apartments (old side of the resort) are spacious, clean and comfortable for a family of 5. Cooking facility was good and so as the bbq facility (my favorite), although finding nice tender meat from Nadi town was a little bit of a struggle. The TV was not working and it was replaced with a brand new 42" LED screen. The bula bus was a good way of going around the island and also to visit other resorts (for lunch or just to look around). Port Denarau was great with more variety of restaurants and bars. It is however expensive compared to Nadi town in terms of groceries or clothes etc.

The things that I was not very pleased about included how I was received at check-in...very poor service and level of professionalism. Also, one guy looking after the kids play-area was extremely rude and told me-off for dropping my kids 5mins too early (i was actually waiting for someone to come and serve us), but i still think that you dont treat your customers like that . After that incident, it ruined my remaining days in this resort. There is also a very very very limit menu in the restaurant so, you may need to dine out most of the time to avoid this.

Overall, there were more positives than negatives on this resort for me so I would probably come back hoping that my first negative experience, is not the norm.

Hope my comments assist your decision to visit or not this resort.

Stayed December 2013
Maroochydore, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights - through our Accor time share scheme. Really wanted to stay in the new units - however they are reserved for last minute clients - or Worldmark time share.
The unit we stayed in was adequate- perhaps a little tired. Fully equipped kitchen etc. We wanted to relax - and it was definitely a place to do this. Pool area was wonderful, all water sport equipment complimentary- kayaks, SUPs. Great restaurant which has been built since the 2012 cyclone- Karma Beach- was excellent. The staff were all very good- happy and helpful. Denarau Island is an enclave - with the marina (some excellent restaurants), and golf club/driving range.
Spent time at the pool Karma Bar- very pleasant. Going off season paid off as not hoards of people. All in all a very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor as there are no lifts- or dont take big suitcases!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvhP-kSG-Y - This is a complete video of resort, rooms and more.

On arrival myself and my friends were treated like princesses.

We were offered welcome fruits and flowers. Our bags were taken up to our room and when I went to grab mine one of the staff members was like, "No, you're on holiday! I'll take it!".

The niceness is overwhelming. You walk around the resort hearing 'Bula Bula Bula!' Everyones ready to help you at all times. We even went into Nadi to buy groceries and came back and struggled to carry them up the drive way and the staff came running and carried it for us up to our room.

My friend I went with has stayed here multiple times before but this time everything is completely renovated. It's absolutely breath-taking. The hotel restaurant is remarkably cheap. For an alcoholic fancy drink, entree, main, (which is completely filling) is 45 fijian. Theres also takeaway option if you want to lay in your room and eat. The rooms were amazing, we even had a blender, which meant all the fruit we bought we could make smoothies.

Only small thing was that the pool closed at 10pm, but most of the time security let us stay till 11pm. This resort is definitely more for families and old couples but I still enjoyed my stay as an 18 year old.

The Karma bar was okay. I ordered a Mudshake alcoholic drink and I couldn't drink it because it was super strong. All the other drinks I got there were okay. At Mamacitas (the mexican resort at the resort) the drinks were much nicer (however not as cheap).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Overall our stay was great ...staff are friendly, location premium, views beautiful. Facilities great.
Spent most time at the resort in the pool and participating in resort activities eg kayaking, water aerobics (fun) and kids club.
We were a party of 10 and visited the Karma Bar by the pool most nights. Be AWARE that cocktails are based on 21% Fijian brand alcohol almost lolly water at approx. $23 -$26 Fijian. Certainly not cheap. I recommend you drink at the Sheraton for value for money and get what you pay for. Left message for the manager Wayne from the Karma Bar to contact me before leaving to offer feedback - still waiting. Feedback also left with reception at Wyndham about the many little cockroaches appearing in kitchen. Otherwise a memorable family trip and would recommend

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Spent 6 days in heaven. A great recharge, staff lovely and friendly. Had 2 bedroom ground level unit...all good except for very uncomfortable couches. Adult pool area great. Entertainment and food great. Overall great experience, but. The 90 min sell sell introduction offer can be a bit daunting when one is in relax switch off mode. Jean and Sherri Gold Coast

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Wyndham Resort Denarau Island? Share your experiences!