This was our 4th trip to Fiji and our 3rd trip staying at the Sofitel. We usually stay at the Sofitel on our way to and from the islands, but chose to stay there for 7 nights this time (and no where else). On our last trip to Fiji our kids loved the Sofitel so much (and not the 5 star island we also stayed at) that we chose to just stay at the Sofitel this time, as it was a low priced, low fuss holiday that we KNEW all of our family would enjoy. We have stayed in every type of room now at the Sofitel now- from the standard rooms, ocean view rooms, family rooms, through to the Presidential Suite. All the rooms are good. The ground floor rooms are great for families and the suites are well worth the extra money, for their extra space and premium location.
We loved our stay here. Great food, great pool, the kids LOVED the waterslide and very nice rooms and facilities. We didn't use Kids Club much, as we didn't really get great value for money as our girls would only spend an hour or two there - we ended up getting our own babysitter, for the few times we needed one ($8 an hour). Our youngest daughter broke her arm on the first day of our stay whilst at Kids Club (no fault of the kids club! it was a very innocent accident which I saw happen, as she was stepping out of the cubbyhouse). All of the staff and doctor we saw, were just lovely in helping us out and giving her extra special attention.
My only minor complaints would be that it seems lots of people camp out on the poolside chairs all day (even when they are clearly not using them and the signs say not to), the bath in our room was pretty mouldy around the edges and the kids club really caters for people who want to drop their kids off for hours on end, and not maybe just an hour or two, during the day...... all minor and trivial complaints, though.
My husband and I indulged in daily massages at the spa and ate most of our meals at the Sofitel, as it was all great value and so convenient for our young family. We have an Accor Advantage Plus card which is well worth purchasing, as it gives a significant discount on your meals too.
We will be back again on our next trip to Fiji. It's outstanding value for money and the facilities are great for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This luxury resort . Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Otherfeatures at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and the largest conference facilities on the island. A marina and cultural temples are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island