We stayed 5 nights at the Sofitel with our 2 kids aged 4 & 6, before going on to the Coral Coast. We loved this resort!! The location is great - so close to the Marina. The pool was amazing and our kids loved the waterslide! We found the food to be very good - prices to us were similar to a 5 star resort in Australia. We ate at the Marina a couple of nights and also got take-away pizzas from Mama's (excellent) . Also - go to the noodle bar next door at the Hilton - an amazing spot on the beach, fantastic food and good prices! It was great to go 'pool hopping' one day from resort to resort - after looking at all of them we still preferred the Sofitel. We did like the Radisson too but all the sand around the pool would drive me crazy!! Our room was one with a seperate area for the kids with their own TV and bunks and desk - we, and they, thought this was great! I personally had no issues at all with the service and found the staff to be very friendly.
We did the Mystery Island day cruise (www.captaincook.com.fj) and it was a fantastic day! Our kids loved their first experience of snorkeling on this trip. It was an hour and a half ride on a beautiful old schooner but it went soooo quickly with the entertainment provided! I would highly reccomend this trip if you have young children.
Also - went to the Sleeping Giants, Village and Look out tour - OK but would be cheaper to do this with your own taxi driver.
Our only negative issue with the Sofitel is that there wasn't a lot of activities provided for the kids - however our kids were so busy in the pool it didn't matter.
Overall we loved Denerau (much better that the Coral Coast) and will come back along with a stay on an island.
I hope this review is helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This luxury resort . Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Otherfeatures at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and the largest conference facilities on the island. A marina and cultural temples are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island