My partner and I stayed here for a week over Easter 2013. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience with the friendliest staff I have evere experienced.
The Good Points:
1. King sized bed which was extremely comfortable in a room with a fabulous ocean view.
2. Good facilities in bedroom with robes, slippers, ironing board, easy to use safe, sufficient power outlets located near mirrors (for those of us who blowdry hair/straighten - it is something that hotels often get wrong). disappointing that there were no herbal teas available (minor point but it IS a 5 star hotel),
3. Excellent champagne buffet breakfast with food constantly replenished and good choice to suit all tastes. - often a long queue for omelettes and delay for tea/coffee.
4. Music at breakfast and poolside during the day was a pleasant experience.
5. The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble and everything was always with a smile.
6. We enjoyed the music in the Breeze Bar in the evenings and particularly happy hour where the bar staff always provided efficient, friendly service. A particular note that the Kornez band were excellent - disppointingly no music on Easter Sunday or Monday nights which I would have thought prime nights for entertainment in the Hotel which was fully booked.
The Bad Points:
1. Smell of paint in the bedroom/bathroom, staff remedied this with air freshener but it lingered for our stay.
2. Others have noted water pooling on the floor in the bathroom, this was also an issue for us and was an annoyance.
3. Bathrooms need updating as for a five star hotel the mould growth on the shower tiles was disappointing.
4. We had to constantly ask to have towels replenished and extra towels sent up, as well as replenishing shampoo etc. - This was however, always done promptly.
5. Uncomfortable loungers by the pool, definitely need cushions for these.
6. Wifi Internet was very difficult to access in the lobby where it was free, exorbitant rates for to use one of the 3 computers in the business centre which was a definite let down seen as my phone would not work while I was there. I was told that I had to ring the internet provider whenever I had an issue as sofitel could not deal with the issue directly. Poor.
7. We had the Indian/Pacific themed buffet dinner in the Lagoon restaurant one night, which we found to be extremely expensive given the quality of the food. This was a disappointment given the excellent quality of the breakfast buffet and put us off eating in the Lagoon for the remainder of our stay. Overpriced and bland with zero atmosphere.
8. We also had lunch in Salt Bar, the food here is again average for the prices paid, greasy and bland - potato wedges are not that difficult to get right! Beef burger was tasty though.
10% surcharge on Public Holidays was a bit of joke given the already expensive prices of food and drink in the hotel.
We had intended getting a massage while we there but the prices in the Spa were ridiculous - over FJ$400 for a couples massage which we felt was not worth it.
While overall it was an enjoyable stay, my partner and I felt that it was 5 star prices without the 5 star quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This luxury resort . Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Otherfeatures at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and the largest conference facilities on the island. A marina and cultural temples are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island