We stayed at Sofitel 21 - 24 october in Room 235. The shower was over the bath rather than separate, and was downright dangerous. If it had been New Zealand, the Health and Safety authorities would have shut the room down until the bath was safe to use. The enamel on hte bottom of the bath was flaking off, and it seemed as if somebody had tried to paint over it. The glass panel on the side of the bath (to protect the floor from shower spray) opened out into hte only area that one could step out of the bath onto, as the lavatory was in the way. After complaining to Guest Relations, a non-slip piece of matting was placed in the bath to prevent us slipping, but a more plump person would have been unable to get into or out of the bath at all.
We ate in V Restaurant one night, which was absolutely tops. However, the following night at Salt was an utter disgrace, with tables constantly being moved around and shoddy service.
The lagoon Restaurant, where buffet breakfast was served, needed spring cleaning, with filthy tables that needed more than a simple wipe over - table legs and frames being dirty. Also, the layout of the buffet itself was amazingly poor in design. it needs an organisation and methods study as a first step to improving it. We wonder whether this is an ACCOR fault generally, as the Mercure in Auckland used to have the same problem uintil my wife took to hte management and they sorted it out.
No, nowhere near five star, at best three.
On a good note, the staff that we dealt with in Reception, Guest Relations and the welcoming team or porters were excellent.
Our driver who took us to our helicopter transfer told us that most people he transported recommend the Westin rather than Sofitel - a good tip for our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This luxury resort . Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Otherfeatures at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and the largest conference facilities on the island. A marina and cultural temples are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island