“Great Diving Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

+679 999 4540
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving trips for small groups of divers out to the coral reefs and outer reef walls of the Mamanuca Islands Group. Departing Port Denarau Marina daily for a two (2) tank dive each morning. All dives are led by certified dive guides and or instructors with many years experience and know where to find the really cool stuff to see. Also find our dive professional team on board the day trip boat 'Whale's Tale' departing Port Denarau Marina every morning. Whitetip Marine Adventures is a Scuba Schools International(SSI)affiliated diver training facility, with training courses from Open Water Diver through to Dive Master.
Cypress, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great Diving Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My son and I went diving 4 times during our recent vacation in Fiji. Andrew and his team did a great job arranging all aspects of the dive trip and we both had a great time. The staff was awesome and very helpful with getting your gear setup and making sure you are having a fun time. Thanks for everything and see you again next time we are in Fiji.

Visited July 2014
Andrew C, Owner at Whitetip Marine Adventures, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Bula Jim. It was our pleasure to you and your son underwater to see Fiji from the angle it should be seen from whilst here on holiday. Both you and Michael added to our days, which we call work days, and the team always respond so very well to divers such as yourselves, who put back into the day's diving experience probably more than you take - fantastic and thank you again.
Cheers, Whitetip

Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Another item checked off my bucket list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had a surprise opportunity to take an introductory scuba dive with Whitetip Marine Adventures whilst on the Whales Tale cruise. When we arrived at our destination I was the only punter going scuba diving which was great because I had one on one attention from the instructor. The instructor was able to speed up or slow down the tuition based on my ability. Once under the water, the instructor lead the way, constantly checking that I was going ok. Overall the experience was awesome. They don't ask for payment until you are on the return journey just in case you weren't confident and decided not to complete the dive. Very reasonable price for about 45 mins diving.

Visited July 2014
Andrew C, Owner at Whitetip Marine Adventures, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Bula Barry
I was excited when I saw your heading "Another Item Checked Off My Bucket List". I was excited because many of us talk of our bucket lists, but not so many actually get out there and 'Just Do It' (Thanks mr Nike).

And it was more exciting because we were able to help you check another activity off your list and that made us all feel pretty good I must say. Thank you so much for your vote of confidence in the service we provide and the way your dive experience on Whale's Tale day trip was conducted.

The Whitetip mantra is: Safety + Smiles = Income $.

Enjoy checking off the remainder of your bucket list Barry and have fun.
Cheers from the Whitetip team
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful first time dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

While on a family holiday in Fiji my wife and I decided to give diving a go; for myself - the first time in many many years, for my wife - the first time ever. We were lucky enough to be guided by Leroy who was patient, supportive, thoroughly professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Our first experience was so good that we went on a second dive in even more spectacular waters. Our sincere thanks to Leroy and Andrew and the team at Whitetip.

Visited July 2014
Bula David - Like most things in life, there's only one only first time.

And we really enjoy taking couples out for a first time scuba dive experience, for at least one of them. For someone who is a diver or who has dived previously like yourself David, it's really nice to go along and be with your partner when they have their very first dive and experience the pleasure of seeing our amazing underwater world. The shared experience is one not to be missed.

Leroy was very pleased you enjoyed his company and expertise on your dives and we are grateful you chose to dive with us this time, and hopefully again in the future.
Cheers for us all
Blue Mountains, Australia
“A totally unforgetable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

When my wife and I started planning our trip to Fiji, diving was foremost on our minds. The first question I guess is why did we choose Whitetip Marine Adventures, well that is easy - it was three points - 1. excellent reviews on trip advisor, 2. an informative website and 3. prompt responses to our emails from Andrew (Whitetip himself).

We had decided that this would be a good opportunity to up skill and so decided to complete deep and wreck diving. I contacted Andrew via email to make all the arrangements ready to start diving on Monday after arriving in Denaru on Saturday. The email stated that we would be picked up at 0830h, all good.

Monday morning 0825h we walk through the reception, and there is Vikash waiting to pick us up (that is a good start - from here it just gets better). Around to the office to be greeted by a wall of smiles, and to pickup Sharon (our instructor) prior to making our way to the boat. Sharon is one very knowledgeable lady, a marine biologist and instructor extraordinaire; she managed to allay my anxiety about entering the wreck and ensured that both my wife and I where always totally comfortable and informed.

We are now at the boat and meeting Simell (Blacktip, Andrews other brother) skipper of Getaway ensuring that we safely arrived at the dive sites and returned daily. and then Vikash returned us to our lodgings to get ready for our next adventure. This was just day 1 and we enjoyed two more that where even better.

In summary Andrew and his team ensured that we would have the experience of a life time, accepting us into the family at Whitetip. If you enjoy diving or maybe you have never tried, but wish to give it a go then contact Andrew at info@whitetipmarineadventures.com.

We will be back

wombatbrett

Bula Brett
Vinaka vaka levu from the whole crazy Whitetip dive family for your extensive and very complimentary review. Is it appreciated, absolutely Brett, and your support for instructor Mom, Sharon is particularly appreciated, she is a gem.

It was a pleasure hosting yourself and Kerrie through your Wreck and Deep diver specialty courses and we hope you both continue to enjoy your diving as much as you did here in Fiji with us. We had a lot of fun and you both had a lot of fun - so come back soon and have some more fun.
Cheers from Whitetip and the crew
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Great diveshop with an amazing crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I did my Wreck Diving, Science of Diving and Stress & Rescue Specialty Courses with the Whitetip crew over a ten day period and had a great time with them. It started already several weeks before I arrived, when Andrew – the Decision Maker – conferred with me via eMail on how much I want to spend and what I would like to do in the time I am in Fiji and made me an according offer.

On arrival in Fiji a shuttle from my hostel was provided and all my administration was done swiftly by the office fairy Jane, which handled all transactions and papers in the office.
The diveshop has all new and well-serviced equipment, which is maintained by Vikash and Jason. Vikash also spend some time with me in the workshop, explaining how service was done in general and which small repairs I could do on my own as a diver.

My one on one instructor during this time was Sharon. She is an amazing and experienced SSI instructor, who did not only teach me the stated syllabus but enriched it with her own experience and prepared individual tasks during the practical sessions for me. She is also a marine biologist and provided a lot of background on the local underwater wildlife and dive sites during the briefings and after the dives.

Skipper Simeli with the “Ocean First” brought us safely to our dive sites and back. These are all around the Mamanuca island ground, from the wreck Salamanda, shallow inner reefs to deeper outer reefs. The maximum number of divers on the boat is 4, thereby it was a great experience – no crowds, great ratio from instructors and Divemasters to customer, and a very safe and familiar atmosphere.
Semi - one of the Divemasters - was also a great buddy during my stress and rescue course and shared his knowledge of the local area with me. His specialty is spotting camouflaged octopus by the way.
Beside my own direct experience I could observe how professionally all operations of Whitetip are running. The other instructors Leroy, Elias and Zen as well as the Divemasters Monica, Jacob and William provided a safe and fun experience to divers with different experience levels.

All in all I had an amazing time and did not feel “just as a customer”, but as a friend and part of the Whitetip family. The atmosphere was always friendly, there was a big focus on a safe experience for everyone and I learned a lot about diving and the operation needed around it. Whether you want to just start diving with an intro or open water course, deepen your knowledge with specialty course or go pro with their science of diving or DiveGuide course: Give the Whitetips a call :)

Visited June 2014
Andrew C, Owner at Whitetip Marine Adventures, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Wow Ben!!!!!!!!!
You can come back anytime after such an awesome review of our operation and our crazy team of divers here at Whitetip. I will even make your coffee.

Thank you very much for your sincere support of what we are trying to achieve here in Fiji, and I would like to attribute a significant share of the credit to your self for you having such a good time with us doing your courses. Ben your fantastic attitude and desire to enjoy your courses and diving made our job so easy and you became one of us from day one.

We love our jobs at Whitetip Marine Adventures - we make so many great new friends from all around the World - how cool is that huh?