Ive been to Fiji four times previously and stayed at the Sheraton, Shangri La and hideaway and thought i'd give the Westin a shot.
I don't know how to write this review as some things were amazing about the resort and other things below what we expected- however it was still a nice place to stay overall.
Do the following when booking this resort to have a better stay:
1. Upgrade to ocean view - we were in a garden room but were upgraded on day 3 as our internet and Tv hadnt worked since day 1 in the garden room. What a difference! Like night and day- better room, lighter, newer, better features, tiles, paint job, separate toilet ( in the garden view the shower is over the bath - we went from depressed and dowdy to happy and relaxed. Glad to finally be helped with the TV/ Internet Issue. Our garden view room was also quite dirty with bugs all over the bathroom light ( which is in a recess ) and long black hairs in the bath. The ocean view room was spotless.
2. Include breakfast as part of your package or you will find yourself looking for something decent to eat by day 3 and spending the same amount anyway ordering food from the breakfast restaurant.
3. Do your research- we ate at the Port Denarau ( a bus ride away ) a lot as last time we went, it was cheaper than the resort by 50%. We were a little shocked to see the prices at the Marina have doubled and noticed on day 4 ( after spending most nights at the Port ) that the resort restaurants were cheaper in some cases and had more variety. Do yourself a favour also and get to know the other resorts on the Island as anyone is welcome to dine in their restaurants ( like the mexican at the Wyndham).
4. Don't forget everything is in FIJI dollar and you need to add 20% VAT tax in most cases. Makes for an expensive lunch and cocktail ($24 FJD and lunch $30 FJD + 20% ) by the pool. The Westin has a fantastic bakery which does sandwiches and mini burgers for half the price and you can eat them at the poolside.
The Westin has some great qualities, the gym, the day spa, the best pool, great lounge bar and some great staff.
Make sure you take enough money and book some trips to the outer islands to break up the stay.
Also if you have ANY issues don't be relaxed about it like we were as it just won't get resolved for days.
Hope this review helps.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort And Spa Fiji
- Westin Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Westin