“Never never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Denarau Island
Frankfurt, Germany
“Never never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

For over 25 years I returned to this hotel because I really liked the service location but admittedly recent years the service was in freefall demotivated staff activity nonexistent food quality poor.
But this year that my stay would turn into nightmare, intoxicated by food, cleanliness of the room catastrophic cockroaches in the bathroom.

During their stay they change the room despite written confirmation.

Finally, because they want to do so that was the last time I stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Pascal D, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you had such an unpleasant stay with us, as we usually receive positive comments on the areas you have mentioned. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly, if you could kindly email me at scott.macdonald@sheraton.com. Best regards, Scott MacDonald

966 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Indonesian first
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I have been to Fiji for the last 7 years and always booked our trip through My Holiday Centre. The company would have to be the most efficient travel company I have ever dealt with. We always stay at the Sheraton Fiji because of its close proximity to the airport and the wonderful people that work at the hotel are fabulous. My Holiday Centre does all the work for us from being picked up at the airport, 7 meals every night at 7 different restuarants, full buffet breakfast every day and that is so good and golf included every day is just one of the many great deals they have. On our previous trip we did a three day boat cruise as well around the islands and that again was so well organised. Last trip they offered 2 day trips out to the islands which was great. I don't know how they keep the cost of our trip so low with all the extra things that are included - all I can say is only book with The Holiday Centre.

Room Tip: If you have young children it would be wise to get a ground floor unit so they can play outside and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Sydneyskye,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay at our resort. We look forward to seeing you again for your next vacation!
Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Having booked a 10 night meals/accom package for the first time we were a little unsure what it would all be like but we were pleasantly suprised! great accomodation, great restaurants and lovely staff. had a wonderful time and enjoyed some of the best meals we have ever had, would thoroughly recommend it! included a couple of day trips out to the islands as well, fantastic value for money. enjoyed the quiet zone of the 'no kids' pool area. would love to go again!

Room Tip: we were slightly away from the main restaurant area so was perhaps quieter than had we been closer...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vinaka for your wonderful review tamara s, and for taking the time to share your experience at Sheraton Fiji Resort! I was particularly happy to hear that you most enjoyed our Sheraton service, your room, our 'adults only' pool and the quality selection of restaurants that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back again one day! Best regards, Scott MacDonald
new zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at Fiji Sheraton for six nights in January 2013. Have been staying at the Fiji Sheraton for over 20 years with probably more than 30 stays. Love the property and rooms are always in fantastic condition which obviously shows that a proper maintainence program is in place. Staff are super friendly as usual. Accommodation is a little over priced, although many people told me u will do a lot better if u book a package deal rather than just booking accommodation only like i did. Unfortunate Cyclone Evan had caused so mauch damage to the Westin Denerau as enjoy the ambience of the Westin breakfast area and as the resort was closed and none of the Westins facilities were available for use by Sheraton guests. From memory the Westin reopens 6 Feb. Have discussed over the last few years with a number of Sheraton personnel why is the food so expensive. Basically have been told that the hotel has to ensure the food's integrity and hence some food has to be imported. Still have a problem with this as can dine at the Denerau Marina for cheaper and as a comparison you can dine at a top Auckland restaurant also for cheaper than the Sheraton's evening meal prices. Make your own mind up! Shame with lower prices the Sheraton would stop the exodus to Port Denerau Marina's restaurants and fill up their own restaurants most nights.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a water view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear thesmdm,

As a seasoned traveller to Fiji and to our Starwood Fiji properties, I sincerely thank you for your valued feedback.

I appreciate your gracious comments on our resort, the rooms and aspects of your stay. I am pleased to advise that the Westin Denarau Resort is now open for business again and looking better than ever!

It is unfortunate that the prices in our restaurants do not meet your expectations. Whilst we do import necessary food products for our restaurants which incur additional expenses, the restaurants remain comparatively matched in price and quality to casual and premium restaurants in Australia and New Zealand. We regularly receive positive comments on our food and beverage outlets which also offers oceanfront dining and sunset views at both the Westin Denarau Resort and Sheraton Fiji Resort.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sheraton Fiji Resort on your next visit to Fiji!

Best regards, Scott MacDonald
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived to a welcome on the drums & a song. Whilst checking in, offered a refreshing cold facewasher and glass of juice.
All staff were really lovely. We were offered a 50% discount for dinner at Feast, buffet style which was lovely. A bit expensive so glad to have the discount. Food was unreal! So much to choose from.
Buffet breakfast every morning had a great variety.
The pools were nice, and it was good to have the service of the staff taking your orders for drinks whilst you were laying on a sun chair. This meant you could relax without having to even move. Staff always served to you with a friendly Bula & smile. They couldn't do enough for you. The adults only pool was nice too, to have a bit of quiet time.
Nights were good, Chime offered music every night. You could lounge around on the huge mattresses and have drinks served to you. We were there every night.
The rooms were lovely. We had 2 double beds in ours. There was plenty of room, and the bathroom was great. Huge shower, 2 sinks, lots of bench space.
LinkedIn was also good, offering free wifi for 30 min allotments at each time. You could keep re-freshing after each expiry. It also offers a printer.
The shops are good, and there's a nice little cafe.

We stayed here for 5 days, then moved onto another resort and regretted it. It just didn't compare. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ShannonMaree

Warm greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort! We are delighted to learn that everything that we offer has lived up to your expectation and thank you for highlighting your room, restaurants and services. We are committed to delivering our best services to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable holiday experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji! Best regards, Scott MacDonald
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We came to the Sheraton as we were attending a wedding in Fiji to be held on the beach nearby the Villas and the reception was at the Flying Fish restaurant. We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed our time here immensely and can't wait to visit again!

Everything happens in "Island Time" and this may not suit some, but it was fine by me as we were not in a hurry to go anywhere ever. The general staff were friendly and chatty, but I did find the ladies on reception quite rude and unhelpful - but that is my only complaint.

I recommend including breakfast with your booking as the buffet is HUGE and really sets you up for the day. We never ate lunch the whole time we stayed! You also have a choice as to where you have breakfast as the Westin and the Sheraton share amenities. The Westin offer "bubbles" with breakfast, so we went there on the morning of my birthday, just to celebrate a little. And talking of celebrations, if you mention to any of the staff that someone has a birthday, anniversary etc., the staff all gather round and sing and clap - adding a bit of fun to start the day. Also happens at dinners too...

Our room had a lovely view of the sea and our little balcony was delightful - great place to unwind after a day out and about, before going off somewhere for dinner.

Dinners at the hotel can be expensive, so we opted for dinners at the golf club across the road where they offer reasonably priced food and drinks. Also Port Denerau is just a "Bula Bus" trip down the road and the restaurants there are great.

We did a trip into Nadi on a local bus which cost next-to-nothing and bought a few souvenirs there, but nothing really that you can't also get in Port Denerau - unless you are needing groceries or booze, then the supermarkets in Nadi are cheaper.

We did an island trip on a boat that included all meals and free-flow drinks. We had a ball! The crew were amazing and the people that we met were a lot of fun. I would do this trip again - well worth the money!

I was asked if I would consider going to another resort and I guess I could be tempted, but knowing how much I enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton, I would be scared of being disappointed if I went anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Marginator4U,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort! Thank you for giving us a perfect score on TripAdvisor!

I was delighted to learn that everything that we offer has lived up to your expectation and thank you for highlighting our room, restaurants and service. As customer service is very important to us, I have discussed your comments with our Front Office associates for immediate correction. It sounds like you had a wonderful and memorable holiday with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Dural, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a lovely 4 day stay in a fabulous room. The people couldn't do enough for you and were everywhere you wanted them to be. Breakfast was a rather noisy affair but supurb,there were a lot of children around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear JennyS39,
Thank you for selecting Sheraton Fiji Resort as your Fiji holiday destination. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the time you have taken to recommend our resort to the TripAdvisor community. I do hope you will visit us again in the future! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald

Been to Sheraton Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!