We stayed here for one night on our way out the Yasawa Islands.
We arrived at 8am and we were given our room straight away which was great as we had travelled overnight.
The room was overlooking the gardens and was comfortable and clean. The beds were really comfortable and made with lovely crisp linen.
The staff were really friendly and remembered our children's names immediately which is a nice touch.
The children both went to the kids club for half a day and enjoyed themselves going to the beach and playing in the pool. The youngest had to have a babysitter with her but it only cost $20FJD for the morning.
When we stayed the kids ate for free so what could have ended up an expensive overnight stay when you include meals was great value.
We ate breakfast at the Sheraton on the first morning and it was pretty nice but we ate at the Westin buffet the next morning and it was much nicer. There was a larger selection of cooked food like eggs, bacon, hash browns etc that weren't available at the Sheraton.
For dinner we ate at Feast buffet which is not something that we would ordinarily do but since we were exhausted, kids ate free and we were given a half price voucher on check in we gave it a go. So for $100FJD our family of four ate a three course meal and the food was good. A ridiculous selection of different things to eat including seafood, pizzas, Asian food and curries. The dessert selection was crazy. So many little cakes, puddings, ice creams, trifles and mousses. If you're a fan of desserts you will love this.
The pools are really nice. We used the pool in the middle of the villas because the have a nice beach entry for kids and it was quieter than the other family pool. The adults only pool looked great.
There was free internet in a room off the foyer that was accessible with your room key. You could either use the free wifi or use their computers. It was fast.
The beach- I wouldn't swim there. The water looks dirty and murky. I would rather just swim in the pool and save the beach swimming for somewhere nicer. St Kilda beach looks more appealing.
I don't think I could spend more than a couple of days here because it's bit like being in a resort in Queensland (or anywhere tropical) with Fijian staff.
For a stopover it was great though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island