“Sheraton Fiji Resort - Happy Mum - Happy Kids” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 50% Off!
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Sheraton Fiji Resort - Happy Mum - Happy Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Fiji Resort September 2011. (sorry for the late post)
This has got to be one of the most beautiful countries I have ever traveled too. We went with my 2 sons aged 9 & 6 & my sister-in-law & her partner. We didnt have any transfers booked as the last time we were here, there were plenty taxi's waiting. I must say that the band, that serenade's you, when you walk in to the arrivals area is just lovely & a great start to our holiday.
The hotel is really beautiful & the staff are friendly & welcoming. The rooms are lovely. Our room was near the right hand side of the beach, near the wedding Chapel. My sister-in-law had a room on the ocean front. The pools are beautiful & we ate at every restaurant/cafe there. The food was yummy. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast also. I would suggest you go into Nadi & check out whats their to eat too. We found some lovely places. We hired a car & drove to Suva & back from Nadi. The roads are very easy to drive....esp that one to Suva. I wanted to show my children how lucky they were & we visted a nearby village. My kids were asking "where are there skateboards?, bikes?, ipods, PHONES? blah blah. It was nice to see my chidlren go over & play with the other children. My boys had an awesome time & even asked if they could go back the next day. We also got to visit homes in Nadi. Im happy to say that for the rest of the trip my children asked for nothing!!!!! that soon ended when we got back home. Fiji is a beautiful country & the people are wonderful to children. Make sure when you go to Fiji you make friends with one of the staff & they may take you to their homes. I did take colouring pencils, books, pens, felt tips, hair ties & clips & gave them out to the children in the village. The look on their face was PRICELESS

We did go swimming at the beach which was'nt the nicest. We booked some activities on the beach. Jet skiing was awesome. There is a little shuttle that takes you to some of the other hotels. We never did this. I used the business centre to upload some photo's on Facebook....(more to show off to my freinds & family) It was real quick to upload.
There is security at night which is reall comforting. I never ever felt unsafe & their were a few drunken walks home.
I never used the Kids club as I wanted my children to be with me & enjoy our holiday. Which they did.
The look on their face was PRICELESS. Thank You Fiji for a great hoilday. Looking forward to bring the rest of the family here

Room Tip: aks for rooms closest to the Chapel or Ocean front
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was actually there for 6 nights back in April 2011 (sorry for the delay in posting), however l still recall it was the best 6 nights at the Sheraton Fiji Resort that l can remember. From the arrival and check-in where the staff were so friendly and welcoming to our final checkout it was an experience that l plan on revisiting. The Resort itself is so well laid out, we had an upstairs Seaview Room, which was nice and spacious, with a nice balcony to sit and enjoy the ocean view. The resort offered all forms of activities for guests, however if you choose you could simply spend the days by the pools watching the days roll on by. We dined at all the restaurants, had daily buffet breakfast at Feast, which was totally pleasurable and the greetings of 'Bula' by the hotel staff were so friendly and made you feel welcome. The Bula Bus which stopped out the front of the hotel, was regular and convenient and would take you to Port Denarau for more shopping, dining or like we did... catching one of the high speed Cats to South Seas Island for the day. The biggest surprise for us, was not only the quality of the room, the resort as a whole, the food that we ate and upon Check Out we were surprised by the small bill for checking out (the exchange rate certainly helped), but it gave us another value for money reason. I believe that reviews are based on your own experiences and what l write here may not agree with or suit everyone, but l travelled a lot around the world and l have nothing but praise, good words for the resort and staff, that l would recommend it to anyone considering travelling to Fiji and l definitely will be returning for another stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nighs recently with my husband and 2 children (5 & 6 years old). The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The resort is extremely well kept.
The pool and beach area are very nice. However, I found it ridiculous that there was never a lounge chair to be had. There were only a few that were 'reserved' but most were being actively used. Clearly they don't put out enough lounge chairs at the Sheraton (or Sheraton villas). It was a very frustrating experience. The music in the main pool area can be a little loud at times.
The kids club was quite good and kept the children pretty busy.
We only ever ate at the buffet which is just easier with the children. On the first morning I had to ask for coffee before being served. But otherwise the staff at the restaurant were very accomodating - especially the chefs making the omelette's etc. Food at the resort is not cheap but we really enjoyed the buffet - there was always lots of choice and very good quality food.
Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Denarau island is full of expensive resorts but I stayed in 4 different hotels whilst in Fiji and believe the Sheraton is the most expensive for a lot less. They use the phrase "stay in one, play in all three" which is actually just an excuse for the Sheraton not actually having the amenities that make it a 5 star hotel and requiring guests to walk around its neighbouring resorts to find these things. They will also find new and exciting ways to continue to add to your bill... breakfast you didn't have, random $100 charges, duplicated room service. Yes the items were removed once challenged but do you really want to have to be on your guard for the duration of your holiday?
In addition to this it became evident that they over sell their rooms so don't expect to get the room you paid for when you turn up.... and that doesn't mean you'll get an upgrade! There is an element of deception associated with this - they let you think you have the room that you paid for and only confirm that you have been put in a inferior room if you go back to reception and ask. As the room that you paid for is sold out you just have to put up with it (sorry no refunds, even partial ones for the difference in room price which was over $100).
The genuine friendliness of the Fijian people will always make a hotel perform better than it should be you can get that at another resort that hopefully doesn't try and rip you off so badly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We travelled as a couple to spend 7 days at this resort. Check in was great. We had an upstairs ocean front room - very spacious, good size bathroom with twin vanities. The fridge inside was very narrow - not a mini bar, so you could only keep minimal drinks in there. We took some crackers, nuts etc to have in our room and enjoy a drink on the balcony. Only thing was that there were 2 coffee mugs provided and no cup and saucer so the cheese I bought locally I had to cut up on serviettes. We had thought to take a bottle opener which had a small flip out knife on the other end so we could slice the cheese up. This may sound stingy but the drinks at the resort are very expensive. My first glass of wine by the pool was $20 FJD + 20% tax! My husband drank the local beer which you could buy in the resort shop for $3.95FJD. A bottle of wine in the restaurants was really expensive. We were disappointed with the size of the pools especially when the place was like a pre-school and the adults only pool was very small. In fact the toddler thing became a bit of an issue - lack of parenting or rather why people take babies and toddlers with them on holidays we'll never know.One morning at breakfast we were sat opposite a table with a family including a little girl who wasn't wearing any underwear - come on, really! Aside from that the meals at all the restaurants were very nice - apart from the price. We had a few pizzas across the road at the Denarau Golf and Racket Club. These were yum and you could sit and watch the golfers play the last hole. We did have a problem with the safe in our room and it took 4 visits by 4 different people over a 3hr period to get it open, by which time we were unable to get to the Marina and onto a boat. The Marina is a nice place to shop and eat also. We used the bula bus - pay for 3 days ($21FJD each) and get the fourth day free. Our taxi from the airport to the hotel cost us $25FJD but the one we travelled in from the hotel back to the airport cost us $35FJD - ripped off there. The one boat trip we did book ended in the harbour when our boat and another collided, after some really scary moments we were back onshore and offered a refund. We did a tour with Inland Tours which took us to a Fijian village - very interesting followed by 2 & half hours in Lautoka for shopping which we weren't interested in doing, so we found the Waterfront bar and hotel and had a nice lunch and stayed until it was time to be picked up, then we were taken to the Garden of The Sleeping Giant, which was very pretty. Unfortunately we only had 2 whole sunny days & rain the rest of the time, which put a dampener on things. If we went back to Fiji we would look for a child free resort. We have two adult children and can't wait for grandchildren but I can definitely do without them on an overseas holiday!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1666 - quiet except for the one time the groundstaff decided to rake the sand area...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

After a 5 hr flight the welcome of the Fijian people was delightful. We were welcomed once we arrived at the resort and that didn't stop the whole stay. It is a safe, caring environment and would stay there again.Taxis are there non stop, Bula bus there frequently and the rooms are good- due to age of Resort. The service is fantastic and the food is great. We didn't find it to expensive compared to Australia. We will return there . :)

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are great and have on ground level.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the last night on our honeymoon before we flew out of Fiji. We really enjoyed our short stay. The buffet was good and were accidentally over served on wine when we did the tasting that included 3 wines. The management apologized profusely but there were no complaints from us! The pool with swim up bar was decent but very crowded. The grounds were very nice to walk around on and watch the sunset but we did not go to the beach there. Our room was great with a very comfortable bed. I don't think I would have liked to stay at the resort for my entire honeymoon as it is very large and there were children everywhere. Overall I would recommend this resort to someone travelling with family or a short stopover.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!