We stayed at the Sheraton Fiji Resort September 2011. (sorry for the late post)
This has got to be one of the most beautiful countries I have ever traveled too. We went with my 2 sons aged 9 & 6 & my sister-in-law & her partner. We didnt have any transfers booked as the last time we were here, there were plenty taxi's waiting. I must say that the band, that serenade's you, when you walk in to the arrivals area is just lovely & a great start to our holiday.
The hotel is really beautiful & the staff are friendly & welcoming. The rooms are lovely. Our room was near the right hand side of the beach, near the wedding Chapel. My sister-in-law had a room on the ocean front. The pools are beautiful & we ate at every restaurant/cafe there. The food was yummy. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast also. I would suggest you go into Nadi & check out whats their to eat too. We found some lovely places. We hired a car & drove to Suva & back from Nadi. The roads are very easy to drive....esp that one to Suva. I wanted to show my children how lucky they were & we visted a nearby village. My kids were asking "where are there skateboards?, bikes?, ipods, PHONES? blah blah. It was nice to see my chidlren go over & play with the other children. My boys had an awesome time & even asked if they could go back the next day. We also got to visit homes in Nadi. Im happy to say that for the rest of the trip my children asked for nothing!!!!! that soon ended when we got back home. Fiji is a beautiful country & the people are wonderful to children. Make sure when you go to Fiji you make friends with one of the staff & they may take you to their homes. I did take colouring pencils, books, pens, felt tips, hair ties & clips & gave them out to the children in the village. The look on their face was PRICELESS
We did go swimming at the beach which was'nt the nicest. We booked some activities on the beach. Jet skiing was awesome. There is a little shuttle that takes you to some of the other hotels. We never did this. I used the business centre to upload some photo's on Facebook....(more to show off to my freinds & family) It was real quick to upload.
There is security at night which is reall comforting. I never ever felt unsafe & their were a few drunken walks home.
I never used the Kids club as I wanted my children to be with me & enjoy our holiday. Which they did.
The look on their face was PRICELESS. Thank You Fiji for a great hoilday. Looking forward to bring the rest of the family here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island