We had a full ocean suite. We found the hotel was dated but had a clasic Fiji charm about it.
The staff were friendly (mostly) and the location was amongst all the resorts on man made Denarau Island.
The hotel itself is quite busy and you might find drinks are a bit pricey for the service and quality provided. I suggest you go to the Marina and have a bit to eat there.
I just would like to stress to anyone visting that this is a country which is military run. Wages are very low and although hotels are making an absolute mint, their staff may be in financial strife. Please tip the staff and do so in cash. I have heard that if you tip staff via credit card that the money will be given to the actual business rather than the individual. I don't know if this is the case with the Sheraton but something to think about. I asked how much one woman working at the hotel was earning and she told me $4/ hour. From what I understand this is considered a good wage in Fiji yet if you drop by the local grocery store you will notice the quality of food is very sub par and the price for that food is more than we pay in Australia.
Visit Nandi town if you get a chance. It will open your eyes.
However, if you just want a relaxing time on the beach the hotel is situated on a man made beach and is quite beautiful. They offer many live shows and are also linked with the Westin so you can enjoy using the facilities there and also marvel at their recent renovations!
The Westin is only a short walk and has great live music (we were there Friday).
We will return and than all the staff and hotel for their hospitality.
Breakfast is great!
If you can get a deal, I would give this hotel a shot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island