Despite a 15hr delay due to 'operational issues' with Fiji Air, we were excited to get to the Sheraton Villas as many people we knew had had a great time there. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome and special. A traditional drums was beating for us on arrival, doors opened and friendly staff were there to take our bags. Someone came and welcomed us as soon as we stepped out and took us up to reception to check us in. While we were checking in, another staff member bought us cold orange juice and cold towels to cool us down. After check in another staff member escorted us to the porters who took our bags to the room. It was a great beginning considering the frustrations we had had leading up. Our room, a 2 bed lagoon villa on the ground floor was lovely, very clean and spacious. We could walk straight out to the lagoon pool, where our 2 girls spent most of their time swimming. We really enjoyed having the pool at our doorstep as it meant we could go in and out with worrying about stairs and locking up.
The rest of the hotel was great. Very nicely appointed, everything was very clean and well looked after. We enjoyed being able to wander down to the Westin, having a cocktail in the afternoon and watching one of the live performances. We also took the boat trip to the island across the way. We opted to pay for the day tour as the girls were free! The guy in charge, Eli, i think his name was, was great, very personable, eager to help. Along with a couple of other families, we had a kava ceremony, my wife went snorkelling, but the sea wasn't as clear as one would hope, I went kayaking with my daughter. We played volleyball, rode a lovely horse and went for a walk across the island where we had fresh coconut juice and flesh, right from the tree. They put on a good BBQ lunch (knives and forks would be good). A good day out. But the most enjoyable aspect of the trip was the staff. They always greeted us with 'bula', and made my girls feel special when they talked to them. They were always eager to help and nothing seemed too much trouble. They made the trip a fantastic experience. We are already planning when we will return, but for longer!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Denarau Villas 82, two and three bedroom villas reflect the Pacific Island feel and from the comfort of the resort's luxuriously appointed self-contained villas to the waterfront infinity pool, 750m2 lagoon style pool, spa and 18 hole golf course, vacationers and families will be treated to an exciting choice of recreational options. The Villas feature a comfortable lounge with a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, flat screen, TV, DVD player and sound system, ensuit bathroom and laundry. What more could you ask for as your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Denarau Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Hotel
- Sheraton Denarau Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Fiji/Denarau Island