This was my second time to Fiji (the first trip we stayed at the Hilton Denarau) so I had a fair idea what to expect. I knew that the beaches wouldn't be wonderful, the food would be so-so and we'd probably get bored after two days.
Well, I'll openly (and very happily) say I was completely wrong, and the Sheraton far exceeded every expectation I had of Denarau. We arrived very late at night and were greeted warmly in the amazing lobby.
The rooms were spacious, comfortable, clean and very quiet. We had a 2br garden view villa (the cheapest) and had a lovely view of a large pond from our balcony. The room was also very quiet as we were slightly away from the main pool and beach (literally a 1 minute walk). Housekeeping was efficient, friendly and thorough.
The grounds of the Sheraton are AMAZING .. very green, spacious, beautiful flowers, gorgeous statues and of course, well kept. The pools are all beautiful (we literally couldnt decide which pools to swim in as they were all great). The lagoon pool was massive, the infinity pool with the swim-up bar was awesome and the 'adults only quiet pool' at the Sheraton was incredibly relaxing. We watched three sunsets from this pool, lazing in the hammocks that were slightly grazing the surface of the pool. No kids and no screaming ... bliss.
The beach was beautiful, even though the water wasn't crystal clear, the sand was clean and fine and raked every morning. The water was warm and lovely.
We ate at the Flying Fish (absolutely incredible .. even had vegetarian options) .. make sure you ask for a beach front table, the Wet Edge restaurant (again, incredible ... simple food but affordable, relaxed and very cheerful), the buffet restaurant (great selection) and the cafe near the lobby (massive pizzas and hot chips). Every restaurant was excellent and affordable.
We also spent a lot of time relaxing on the day beds and hitting the dance floor at Chime (cocktail lounge/night club). Again, incredibly attentive staff, awesome music (thanks Mr DJ!), excellent drinks (about $10AUD for a massive cocktail) and the best fun we've had in ages.
We didn't want to leave the Sheraton and we're already planning our next visit. Bula!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Hotel
- Sheraton Denarau Hotel
- Sheraton Denarau Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Fiji/Denarau Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Denarau Villas 82, two and three bedroom villas reflect the Pacific Island feel and from the comfort of the resort's luxuriously appointed self-contained villas to the waterfront infinity pool, 750m2 lagoon style pool, spa and 18 hole golf course, vacationers and families will be treated to an exciting choice of recreational options. The Villas feature a comfortable lounge with a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, flat screen, TV, DVD player and sound system, ensuit bathroom and laundry. What more could you ask for as your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Denarau Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.