“Very bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
$72*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Cook Cruises provide the best opportunity to experience the real Fiji. Our Tivua Island Day & Sunset Dinner Cruises will compliment any stay at a resort, giving you the opportunity to see more of Fiji. Set sail for a day's island adventure aboard our tall ship Ra Marama or catamaran Fiji One. Alternatively, join us for a spectacular three hour dinner cruise enjoying the vista of a tropical island sunset. Our Mamanuca, Yasawa, Remote North Discovery Cruises to the North of Fiji aboard the MV Reef Endeavour offer all inclusive small ship cruising of the Fiji Islands, with all meals & most activities included. All our cruises offer Diving and spa treatments.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
New York
“Very bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The experience I had with Captain Cook Cruises was really bad because of the food (bad quality and the same every day) and the organization on board.
I feel like they stole my money, I would never recommend it.
There are so many ways to visit the Fiji islands I am so disappointed we chose the worst one.

Visited February 2013
CaptainBula, Owner at Captain Cook Cruises - Fiji Day & Dinner Cruises, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback. It does seem strange that the review before your's from a passenger who cruised this month was so complimentary of the food. We provide a full American breakfast and carefully designed menu, that changes daily over the 7 day period, for Lunch and Dinner. Lunch and dinner vary from a-la-carte to themed buffets served on the Sundeck or in the airconditioned dining room and one evening per cruise is a traditional Fijian feast served in the village. If this varied menu was not provided on your departure I need to know. Can you please advise the date you cruised so that I can follow up.

port macquarie
“Best ever Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This four night cruise gets you to the real Fiji, the staff on board are beautiful people, we had more fun on this cruise than we had on a P and O cruise for seven nights. The food was beautiful, served professional,great entertainment of a night, every Fijian I meant sang with the most beautiful of voices. The dive instructors where very patient. And Harold the Engineer was always up for a good conversation. Highly recommend will be going again first chance I get..

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“7 day heritage cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

having suffered a stroke 6 weeks prior i can promise you that i had a very relaxing time on this cruise.i disembarked feeling 100 percent better than when i boarded .i choose Fiji because it is like going back in time,when things were simple, so if you are feeling a little down or need R and R shis cruise is for you.visting the villagers on the Islands is an experience no one should miss out on.the people are freindly..the waters are warm approx. 30deg.the crew on the ship are supper friendly,my favourite was Suzy

Visited March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful 3 night cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We cruised on the Reef Endeavour just after cyclone Evan. The staff on this ship are amazing, they were wonderful with my 2 children ages 6 and 12. The food was wonderful no problems, no sickness.
A highlight of our trip was when the Marine Biologist on board Monoah took my son and a few others snorkeling in search for the Crown of thorn starfish. They located many and removed them form the ocean. My son thought this was great, each day Monoah would talk about an interesting subject in the Reef room. I would definately book this cruise ship again, we loved it. After this cruise we went to the Naviti resort and that is a whole other story.

Visited January 2013
CaptainBula, Owner at Captain Cook Cruises - Fiji Day & Dinner Cruises, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thanks for your great comments, I have passed them on to Manoa and the crew who will really appreciate them. They all worked so hard after the Cyclone to make it beautiful for you all.
Sydney, Australia
22 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable day trip to a beautiful island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Pricey stuff these day trips aren't they? Tivua Island we went to because we were told the outer islands are better - certainly weren't let down. The crystal clear, warm and still water was among the best I've swam in. The trip takes over an hour. Food was a BBQ, quite nice. Kava ceremony was, as another reviewer has described, a little pathetic, but it's become standard on these sorts of trips. Opportunities to snorkel, play volleyball or just lounge about on the beach. Glass bottom both was totally pointless as the coral and fish not particularly attractive. Only spent a couple of hours on the island as there was a tsunami warning from the recent earthquake in the Solomon Islands. On the way back my mum was sea sick and the staff were so nice and helpful - singing and playing the guitar out on the deck to comfort her and providing sea sickness tablets - what a lovely touch, but this is more a testament to Fijian people rather than the cruise itself. Fijians are the most genuine and caring people I've ever met.

Visited February 2013