“Excellent Family Option in Fajardo” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 72 Restaurants in Fajardo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Excellent Family Option in Fajardo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our recent visit. Great Puerto Rican food and excellent service (especially Jose). When other options are overcrowded always a table. Seafood very fresh. Servings huge!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I found this place by word of mouth from other guests at the hotel where we stayed. Located just off the main highway 10 minutes outside of Fajardo, adjacent to a shopping center, this place was a gem! It was comfortable in decor, yet felt more upscale than other places we had eaten. They had a wide variety of bar drinks aside from the usual "pina colada". The menu had nice choices of fish, beef and of course mofongo but the best part was the server suggested that the chef could do just about anything we wanted! we started with the empanadas for appetizer. Delish! The specialty was fried whole snapper BUT you could choose to have it stuffed with just about any seafood you wanted and topped with choices of garlic butter sauce, a salsa or whatever your fancy. I had the fish stuffed with lobster and shrimp topped with garlic butter. My husband had smoked chicken that was moist and tender. Accompanied by fried plantains, rice and black beans, we truly enjoyed a taste of Puerto Rico. Portions were plenty and prices were around $22.00 to $30.00 but that is standard in that area for most sit-down restaurants. Service was excellent!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“visited while staying at the waldorf...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this cuban restaurant to be pretty good its just that nothing really stood out as being great. Ropa vejia was good enough so was the cube libre I had but it seemed almost to chainy to me by no means was it a bad dining experience just think if I was ever in the area again this is one I would skip.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Great Food, Great Price, Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Love Metropol since my first visit to the island some 13 years ago, but during my last visit to Fajardo I stopped by for some comida criolla, the manager was extremely nice, I order chuleta can can and it was to die for, my husband order trifongo with masitas de puerco and it also was delicious, my sister order a whole fish stuffed with seafood and lobster, oh my God I need to go back and order it, the drinks were awesome, the rest of my family order food that it was equally delicious, the prices were great, Can't wait until I go back. Highly recommended

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Foood, large menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great Cuban restaurant...
The menu is very large, so you can please everybody.
My favorite is the EMPANADA REBOSADA and the black beans.. The plates are very big, so you can share most of them, Very Cuban. The service is very good, and you get a great value.

• Visited December 2012