“hotel closed go to suenos del mar down the road” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Passion Fruit Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fajardo
Passion Fruit Bed & Breakfast
You added Passion Fruit Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Route 987, Fajardo 00738-1161, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Fajardo B&B and Inns
Hampton, New Hampshire
“hotel closed go to suenos del mar down the road”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went by passion fruit on Friday august 9 to my surprise passion fruit is closed.
To my pleasure went to suenos del mar instead for my two night stay.
Suenos del mar is located at the end of the road make a left the apartments are on the right.
I called 787-435-0221 and spoke with Noemi who was very helpful.
We stayed there for two nights and loved it,close to vio bay the vies were amazing,
Comfortable affordable and clean apartments.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
jersey city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I needed some place to stay with my family after a long day in El Yunque Rainforest. I know for what I paid I was not getting a luxury resort.Over the phone I booked the "suite " for 4 adults and 2 kids.As we were traveling to this location we called for directions because the place does not come up on GPS. No answer, at all. I looked at the website for an alternate number . A message stated " website suspended" guess they didn't pay their bill. Once we arrived I stood at the unoccupied front desk for 5 minutes. I figured a door right next to the desk was an office so I knocked , a young guy opened the door with an attitude an said " what". Suddenly a juvenile looking female appeared and said she would check us in. As soon as she looked at our reservation which was for 1 king, 1 queen and a sofa ,she stated their was an electrical problem with the room so we could only get 2 full size beds and a sofa . I was so tired I said fine we just wanna lay down. At this point it went further downhill . I'm sorry but your room is not ready yet , this was at 5:15 pm. She tried to make up for it by telling me she was going to take me for a tour. The rest of this review is probably going to sound made up , because I could hardly believe it myself and I was there. I didn't want to upset my family so I asked them to get out of the van with all our luggage because the young girl was taking us for a tour. We left our luggage in the open air unattended check in area and she proceeded to take us to 2 vending machines. Then she let us know that the vending machines didn't work but if we wanted something, pick it from the labels and she would bring it to us . At this point we went to the pool area where she showed us the bathroom with the out of order sign . END OF TOUR! As we walked by the desk,the original kid who opened the office door and stated " what" told her the room was ready. Wow the guy actually works there. On to the room.. She leads us to the room and said , someone left their keys in there ,when you find them can you leave them at the front desk, apparently I was deputized to work there.As soon as we opened the door a swarm of Mosquitos attacked us. Some decided to have mercy and stay on the ceiling . The beds were clean but the mattresses were horrible. I ended up going to a chain pharmacy and getting mosquito spray , mosquito relief cream and citronella candles. I didn't bother calling the desk (they wouldn't have picked up anyway, and there was no phone in the room) I just gave up. Obviously we didn't like the beds so we decided to not even risk the breakfast , which has switched as of late to a continental breakfast . However kids being kids they insisted. Continental breakfast is from 8 am to 10 am. At 845 am ,my kids went to THE breakfast area and no breakfast. When it did come out it consisted of pears a couple of muffins, fruit loop boxes and coffee. Listen I am all for supporting small private business , but for $174.00 I expect at least the bare essentials . The place looks decent from outside but next time I will try a little harder to find a place. The only relief was knowing that the next day we would be staying at the Marriot Stellaris in San Juan. We stayed there before , thanks to TripAdvisor reviews and it was amazing . On an ending note they proudly display various certificates of Trip Advisor appreciation. I
advised them that they definitely didn't deserve those and should take them down promptly .,

• Stayed July 2013
houston, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

So my wife and I stayed here in the spring of 2012 and it was fun and we loved it however things have changed we stayed here again in march 2013 and the warm friendly atmosphere we had before was gone and the breakfast consisted of the same generic stuff every morning C'mon man boiled eggs for a week.and store bought pastries i had it the first morning then after that we just drove into town to eat at the nearby panaderia which was good and we had to do that every morning. Staff was friendly but didnt care about the place seems like it went from a nice BnB to another generic hotel. The rooms are decent ac worked and considering it is in the tropics the smell and humidity didnt bother me. Dont come here expecting a nice Hostess serving you a home cooked breakfast that Passionfruit no longer exists.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Menomonee Fls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were happy to find this treasure the night before taking the ferry to Culebra. All our questions were answered at the front desk, the continental breakfast provided a substantial start to our day, and as we were driving out of the parking lot, we were offered fresh-picked mangoes from the tree on the property. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the honeymoon suite (room 315). It cost $165.00. It smelled musty. There was a pool of water on the third floor in the hallway, and I was puzzled because it hasn't rained. We set our suitcases down on the bed, and a cloud of dust came up from the comforter. Gross. I looked at the pillows that match the comforter, and I found a white substance on the back. Ewwwe. It was hot. The air conditioner could not keep up. I looked out the back window to see the pool only to find copious amounts of leaves floating in it. I put my head on what looked like a clean pillow. Wrong. It smelled of old man sweat. The squeaky, wobbly bed moaned when I got up to go to the front desk to ask for a different pillow. I hopped over the puddle in the hallway, went down the semi wet stairs to find no one at the front desk. I resigned myself to ruffing it for the night--like camping. I pulled all the bedding off except the sheets and put on a hoody to cover my hair. I looked for review of this passion fruit paradise to find that someone else had stayed in the same musty room with the oddly shaped closet and loud squeaky bed. They didnt mention the part about the toilet seat being screwed on crooked. We will be checking out early tomorrow. No honeymooning to be had, and heed my warning: DO NOT BOOK YOUR HONEYMOON HERE. If you are booking a tour nearby, your $160 buy you adequate provisions at Walgreens to camp in your car.

• Stayed June 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked hotel 4 months in advance after reviewing thier web page and reviews from TripAdvisor and others. I also made some calls to the Island to get a feel for the hotel and all was quite positive, so I booked.
Approaching the Inn we liked the security of the gate and the outside looked pleasant and well kept. Our first hint of disappointment, however, was when the young man at the reception desk requested full payment up front: most hotels ask for a deposit when booking (which I did) and then pay once you leave.
In total, the area outside was much nicher than inside, but as a whole it was past its glory days; the reviews on the web site were misleading to say the least.
We booked a large room with 2 beds and a shared bathroom, as we expected a greater party for the trip. At first glance we had the feeling of darkness and gloominess as there was only 1 working window and the others were boarded up from the outside. With only one of the beds having a lamp on the night table, it made for a dark room.
Overall the rooms needed basic maintenance: the comode was not set on the floor, so it rocked when you sat on it, pieces of the ceiling were flacking off due to water damage, and the medicine cabinet wouldn't close. there was no shelf for my wife toiletries and overall had small missing pieces of tile all around. The bathroom floor was not properly cleaned either (found hairs and insects). Toward the second day my wife developed a strong cough and after the third day determined it was the second bedroom: either dust from the flaking ceiling or mold. Once we moved to the smaller bedroom her coughing stopped.
This was a "Bed and Breakfast" and the web site stated and showed a nice selection for breakfast; cereal, pancakes, fruit, eggs and sausage. Sorry, no deal. the first email I recieved from the management stated a "Continental" breakfast, and the reality wasn't even that. IFit was servied on time (only once in 4 days), in consisted of small boxes of Sugar Pops & Corn Flakes, store bought pasteries, apples, bananas, coffee and maybe some juice. The coffee was ok...
This management consisted of young adults that looked like they were college kids working their way, and they had a limited number of hours to attend the reception desk. They were friendly and polite, but rarely there.
This was awkward to say the least, as anyone arriving during "off" hours had no way of getting a room. In fact, the day we left another couple tried to leave earlier and they didn't know what to do with their room and gate keys, no one was around! they finally left it on a shelf under the reception desk and I opened the gate for them to leave.
The pool area was ok, as it had the air of it being really nice at one time, but was allowed to go downhill: tools laying around, water not properly skimmed for leaves, etc. The ouside was peasand and we found a corner that was cozy for drinks and games, but we had to get our own as the service was almost non-existant.
The bottom line was that this was once a nice hotel with the previous management. However, it was a great let down for us. Once Gladys left (we found out later; she was still listed on the web page) the facilities was allowed to become run down without even the basics of maintenance and upkeep, not to mention the bad service. We will not return and will warn others to avoid this hotel also.

Room Tip: If you do go, ask to see the rooms before you pay for it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Schenectady, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Passion Fruit B&B during the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in 2011 and we loved it so much, we decided to stay there all 4 nights during a short return trip to Puerto Rico in March 2013. In 2011, I would have given this place the top rating for everything. The price was right for the superb breakfast that we received in addition to large, spacious, and clean rooms and excellent customer service by Gladys. She was like that really cool family friend who you just want to hang out with. She was friendly, offered great tips & customer service, and really made PF THE place to stay. Unfortunately, Gladys is no longer there. The rooms are still large & spacious & clean. Our A/C worked just fine, as did the TV, which I liked to have on in the morning while I was getting ready as background noise. The bed was fine--maybe a little noisy, but that didn't really bother me. The closet in our room was huge and it was nice to have a little table with 2 chairs to sit in. I liked having the gate that closed at night--it made me feel safe. And the proximity to restaurants & other spots is very nice. The breakfast this time, however, was nothing to write home about. Each morning there were hard boiled eggs, boxes of cereal, bread for toast, some sort of store-bought muffins, fruit, and juice. We thought that perhaps it was just this sort of continental breakfast during the week and there would be full breakfasts on the weekends, but we were wrong. It wasn't until one of the workers told us that Gladys wasn't there anymore that it all made sense. It was pretty boring--and part of what made the price of Passion Fruit worth it was the amazing breakfasts. I wish they'd decrease in price, given the change in breakfast. Overall, our stay wasn't awful, but it also wasn't what we were expecting based on our previous experience. I doubt we'll stay there again, but I won't count it out if the price drops or the breakfasts get better. ***Side note for Gladys fans: we did find out that she opened her own place--Las Vistas Cafe--and we visited there for breakfast on our last day & she was still the same warm, caring woman & her food was still incredible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Passion Fruit Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!