“An Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Kasavista is a casual restaurant serving local Puerto Rican Cuisine and great for families.
pennsylvania
“An Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife, daughter, son-in-law and I had dinner here before venturing out on a Saturday night tour of the bio bay. Every aspect of our experience was excellent: a welcoming greeting as we came up the steps, uniformly fresh, tasty food (we were four-for-four with chicken dishes and churrasco), and capable, attentive service (thanks, Stephanie!). Kasavista has a well-stocked bar. There is dedicated parking in front of the restaurant - a very nice perk. Las Croabas Park across the street is a vibrant place on a Saturday night - with a lot of freestyle parking! Restaurant staff told us we could continue to park there while we toured bio bay - which we very much appreciated. We ate in the spacious and airy dining room, but there is also outdoor seating on the deck. Leslie, the owner/chef came over to explain the photo shoot taking place in a corner of the dining room, and stayed to chat for bit. He is a personable guy - and demonstrably capable. We admire capable people - like Leslie and his staff. Well done, folks!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hola TrueBob: I remember you and your family and it was great chatting with you. I f you go to the Kasavista Facebook page you will see the finished product of the video shoot.
I thank you for your visit and review.

dc
“Short walk from El Conquistador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We ate here two nights in a row (during a 6 night stay in Fajardo). We had a large group - there were 13 of us - and they were accommodating the first night even though we did not have reservations. We split up and sat outside the first night, then sat together inside the second night. It's safe to say we tried just about everything on the menu and it was all wonderful. The sangria was great, as were all of the appetizers. Really everything was delicious so you can't go wrong. The staff and chef were all friendly and helpful, even with our somewhat overwhelming group. If any of us come back to Fajardo, we will return.

for El Conquistador visitors - this is only a 5 minute walk! You just go down to the marina and walk out the gate through the parking lot.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hola CjGwen: It was great serving you and your family and I appreciate your visits to Kasavista.
Hope to see you again!

“New star on the block”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We ate here twice during our one week stay at El Conquistador. The cuisine is very traditional Puerto Rican but served in a classy, modern way. The waiters and waitresses are so friendly, we felt like family by dessert. We even shared photos and stories about our home state. All of the appetizers that we tried were so tasty, as were the main courses. The Carne Frite, served with mofongo, was delicious and a great bargain . Remember to order the dessert soufflés with your entrees for a wow factor at the end of your meal. We hope you enjoy your meal as much as we did.

Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hola Mekeyser: I am really grateful for your two visits to Kasavista and I thank you for the review.

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“Fantastic for the location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate here 2 nights in a row & would have gone back but only in Fajardo 5 days. If staying in that area, excellect choice. Was a nice easy walk along the water from Conquistador. The prices high, but normal "vacation dining high". The service was a little too attentive, but rather too much than too little. Loved the mamposteao rice! The drinks delicious (but like most of our Puerto Rican pours, very lite). Grouper was delish! Just a great experience fulfilling all you expect from dining out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hola S R: I thank you for your review and really happy you enjoyed your evening at Kasavista.

Leslie Valentin
“Definitely not #5 in Fajardo....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Food was OK. Lots of fried food. Fish was over cooked. Wouldn't go back. Try Pasion instead. Light years better.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello Hallezoe, I am really disappointed if indeed you did have dinner at my restaurant since I only have about 4 items on my menu that are fired foods, like Mofongo, Fried Snapper, Carne Frita which are all local favourites. Besides those there are on the apps side Conch Fritter, Calamaris, and fried Puerto Rican Cheese. This represents a small percentage of my menu, so this is why I question if in fact you did have dinner at Kasavista. You also state that we are definitely not number 5, well at the time of this review we are currently number 4 which can increase and decrease with reviews.
All in all if you did dine with us I thank you for your patronage and hope you come back and ask for me and I will detail our menu for you to keep you away from fired foods.