“Beautiful but...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm

You added El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm to your Saves list
El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Flower Farm Rout 984 km. 3.1 Mundo Tropical, Bo. Naranjo, Fajardo 00738, Puerto Rico   |
San Juan
“Beautiful but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Beautiful view and place. The hotel is actually a big house or mansion with great look all around. However, there was no warm water to take a decent shower, problems with light sockets. We couldn't charge our phones or anything. No wireless network. Very low pressure with water in every room. I woke up late at night (I think it was a Friday) and went to take a shower, there was no water until 8am on the next day. Also, the owner's hospitality was horrible in many aspects. He had very unpleasant manner with us and another couple. If you like an owner that disrespects you to a personal level and tries to get away with it with: "we're only joking, right?", then this is your guy. It is really sad, because it is really a beautiful place (I can't lie in spite of everything that we went through), but I also paid for great hospitality, and I can honestly say it was miserable. And it was strange, because my wife and I were nothing but nice to him and warm, nevertheless he found a way to insult us again and again.
I'll come back, sure... but not with this manager/owner in charge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jrbenitez, Owner at El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
This couple bought a discount package of three days two nights at El Hotelito and decided they could do whatever they wanted , disregarding the rules of normal behavior and the rights of other guests. No , I am not rude and do treat guests very respectfully and try to be as polite as possible, but i do run a very professional and serious place . What can i say about a couple that departs very early in the morning without paying their dinner and steal two towels ? So I understand this review is in retaliation to my effort in collecting what they owed. It is very strange they mention all kind of problems in this review but never complained or made me aware of them while being here. The four other couples staying that weekend had a wonderfull time and never complained on any problems.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Can't say enough good things about El Hotelito! If you are looking to relax, unwind, and fall asleep to the song of the coqui than this quaint place is waiting for you. Rainforest views are breathtaking and the owners hospitality is unmatched by any other in the area. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back again!

Room Tip: You will have a spectacular view from any where at El Hotelito
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm

Address: Flower Farm Rout 984 km. 3.1 Mundo Tropical, Bo. Naranjo, Fajardo 00738, Puerto Rico
Location: Caribbean > Puerto Rico > Fajardo
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Fajardo
Hotel Class:3.5 star — El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm 3.5*
The main house consists of seven spacious rooms, a dining room with bar, a living room, and a library. All open out onto to the lawn and swimming pool. Relax in peace and quiet while enjoying the sound of the wind in the trees on one of the chaise lounges or swaying in a hammock in this tranquil retreat. Our Hotel has been planned and designed for the enjoyment of individuals with a strong ecological interest and a need for peaceful coexistence with nature. ALL our electricity is solar, the water comes from the rain and a well, and the entire farm is completely organic and always has been! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
El Hotelito At The Rainforest Experience Farm Puerto Rico/Fajardo

If you own or manage El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.