Las Casitas is set apart from the main hotel El Conquistador and this is great -- you feel like you are truly in a very private, exclusive resort -- this is wonderful in that Las Casitas guests have exclusive access to the infinite pool -- probably the highlight of our vacation! But be sure to book on the North Side. Even with this, be prepared for LOTS of stairs and LOTS of walking -- if this is not your cup of tea, choose a different resort.
* Infinite pool -- open 24 hours -- not huge, but breathtaking views
* Pools at main hotel rarely crowded and also beautiful
* Resort is very clean, beautiful views from I think every ocean front villa
* lots of other pools too -- you will never run out of places to swim!
* Ana is very sweet and should you be lucky enough to meet her, she will be sure to solve, whatever problem you have
* The "butler" service when it's available is great -- we just never knew who our butler was -- seems they were constantly rotating -- I understand people can't work 24/7 but for the price -- tell your guests, who is on when
* No wait staff walking around pool areas at main hotel -- had to go to bar to get drinks
* the private island -- took a good 25 minutes of walking across the main hotel, down the funicular (tram-like hot/crowded gondola), across a ferry -- only to arrive at an island which, yes is beautiful, but rocky and to get to deep water, you need to swim out, what feels like 1/2 mile
* no menus in the rooms -- for $650 a night -- provide menus and the consistent service which you said you were going to to pick up dinner for Casita guests paying a premium to stay in these rooms
* only one hot tub in the entire resort was functioning the entire time we stayed - :(
We had a wonderful time at Las Casitas but would choose a different resort next time because while it was beautiful we like to be closer to the beach, would like more consistent service for $650 per night (for a one bedroom ocean view) and believe you can find more value for your money at another property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including a 4-diamond rating by AAA. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo