my sister and I just spent 5 nights there. we had an amazing time. the resort is overwhelming at first, but then you realize how easy it is to get around on foot (e.g. from the Casitas to the Marina). our one-bedroom casita was spacious and very nicely laid out with fully equipped kithcen. the view was stunning from the balcony of the gardens and the carribean. but most impressive is the attentive service that the staff provide, from the registration desk (special mention to Lillian Roque who helped and advised us throughout our stay) to Elaine and Shaira who pampered us at the infinity pool. you really feel like you're staying with a family or friends. unfortunately, the food is not up to par. One disappointing experience was getting pedicures: horrible job and outrageously expensive. so make sure you get your manis/pedis before you get there! the property is gorgeous over all. big surprise to us were the gardenia and jasmine trees with their fragrant smells filling the airs. the coquis on the other hand serenade you at night, but you never see them. I must say though, that the beach is inconvenient (getting to palomino island takes around 1/2 hour from the casitas-including elevators, fernacular, boat!) also, the water on the main side of the beach is roped off and boats are allowed in. so water seems filthy and constantly perturbed by the boats. not fun! there are other sides of the beach that are cleaner and more peaceful though. i think it's time they upgrade their beach chairs and towels.
i am being picky here, so don't mind me, because you'll only enjoy your stay there, at least the Casitas. i would certainly return with no hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including: 4-diamond rating by AAA ; #1 Family Resort by Caribbean Travel & Lifestyle Magazine ; Condé Nast Worlds Best 2012 Top 30 Caribbean Resorts 2012; 2013 Condé Nast Gold List; Travel + Leisure 2012 World's Best Award. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo