“2nd Christmas week here- amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$269 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fajardo
NYC
“2nd Christmas week here- amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I first want to say that there is no other place I would want to spend my Christmas week with my kids other than here at Las Casitas. It is probaly the most and beautiful property in the carribean with spectacular views!
I have been going to the Carribean since I was a little girl, and at this point I can safely say that I have been over 30 times. My husband and I actually try to go to a different island every year for our anniversary, and we always check out the kid freindly resorts, and no place has ever come close to Las Casitas for so many reasons.
This is truely the most perfect family friendly resort in the entire carribean. Starting at check-in, which takes about 5 minutes any time of the day, to any small request you may have during your stay, this place is fabulous. Ana Colon helps us each year with planning all aspects of our stay. We make all of our dinner reservations place our order for food in our kitchen in advance, and even when we have to make a change Ana is so accomadating. This year we knew four other familes from our kids school, and it was so much fun. From the unbeliveable view of the infinity pool, to the waterpark and the beach at Palamino island, my kids were entertained all week.
Everyone at the Manor House (front desk for the Casitas) was always so helpful whenever I called or just stopped by to chat.
Even my 7 year old son thought this place was "very pretty" and he doesn't use that word ever!
Max Bonnamain the General Manager of the Casitas is also very accomodating when you email him.
Overall, this place is an 11 out of 10 for us, and we plan to keep coming back!

Room Tip: Our favorite location is righ near the Manor house, close to the infinity pool, but a walk up a hill...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ResortManagementTeam, General Manager at Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Heatherbnyc,

I have just realized I had never officially answered your TripAdvisor review. Thank you for your unbelievable compliments and for being our # 1 fan.

We hope to be welcoming you back to Las Casitas village for many years to come!

Warm regards,

Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent a week in a two bedroom ocean view villa. Our family really liked this place -- it was beautiful and there was a lot to do. The views from the room were stunning. In fact, throughout the Las Casitas area and the main hotel the views off the bluff to the ocean are jawdropping.

We had days packed with activitives.

We took two trips to Palomino Island and its private beach. On one of those days we rented kayaks and paddled to Palominito Island and its even more private beach.

We took a trip to nearby El Yunque rainforest. Our hike was cool, wet and awesome -- a highly recommend that side trip if you like mountains/forests/hiking.

We did the on-site water park, which thoroughly entertained the kids.

We did a lot of pool hopping. There were so many pools to choose from and the kids knicknamed them all. Then they'd argue about which pool they wanted to go to.

The onsite restaurants were very good for the most part. We had one bad meal on New Year's Eve, when we ate at the onsite Italian restaurant. The special fixed price meal for that night was very expensive and terrible. But every other meal was great, so I think that was just a New Year's Eve specific problem.

The meals here are expensive, but we saved money by shopping for groceries and using the kitchen in our room. We had eggs, cereal and bagels for breakfast every day that we prepared ourselves.

One caveat is that it's a big place and you will walk a lot here. We love to walk, so that wasn't a downside for us.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view -- the view is the biggest reason to stay at this resort.
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ResortManagementTeam, General Manager at Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for speaking so highly of your experience in Puerto Rico and at Las Casitas Village. We like to think that our Palomino island is part of the natural wonders of PR along with the El Yunque rain forest and the bio-luminescent bay.
We are also very grateful to you for highlighting the fully equipped kitchens with breakfast bar for two, four-burner stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and dinnerware. We believe this feature of the villa offers a great value and when contacted in advance our Personal Concierges and Butlers can have your groceries waiting in the villa prior to arrival.

Dear Paul L, all of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Happy new year,

Armonk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family just spent a week in an ocean view villa. A gorgeous location with breathtaking views. The level of service is much higher than at main hotel...We were assigned a butler for the week and Gilberto (backed up by Steve) both went out of their way all week to do anything to help make our stay more pleasant. Several beautiful pools and a challenging golf course with a nice staff. The property overall is fantastic. The one negative is the food.....several decent restaurants that are extremely overpriced (even by resort standards)....and a couple (especially Blossoms) that I would not go back if it was free. I would suggest taking advantage of the kitchen in the villa... avoid a couple of these bad restaurants and eating on the porch overlooking the ocean is really nice. My daughter took a tennis lesson from Juan....he was excellent. A little frustrating that no one had told us that the casino closed end of September....not mentioned anywhere. Overall, a great week....perfect weather, gorgeous property.....the pros outnumber the cons for sure.

Dear KK815,

Thank you for naming the service professionals that made a difference during your stay. We are very proud of our butler team, they represent all the genuine warmth Puerto Rican hospitality has to offer.
The culinary experience at the resort should not be short of "fantastic" as you described the rest of the facilities and the overall experience. I understand that not every one of our restaurants can earn this distinction at the moment but please rest assured that we will be hard at work to turn this around. There is no shortage of culinary talent at Las Casitas Village and you can look forward to be delighted.

Come back and visit us again soon.

Happy new year,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

While the location of the hotel is a bit far from the airport, upon arrival you realize it is worth the ride because the lush landscape and ocean views are unsurpassed. The charm of Las Casitas does not end with the view & it is not to be confused with El Conquistador. The level of service sets the two apart. Ana Colon orchestrated our entire stay. We travelled with a newborn & she recieved all of our necessities by ups & saw that everything was in its place in our casita upon arrival. She also secured dinner reservations every night of our stay. Simply put she welcomed us like family returning home. It must be noted that she was not alone. The butlers, Eddie, Eggy & Carlos were equally terrific. Whether it was picking up a football for my other two children to play with at the pool or making sure the baby's clothing was washed with special detergent, they could not have been better. I've now stayed here for a few years in a row & it is nice to see the same faces welcome you so warmly year after year. It is especially amazing to have that kind of small luxury hotel feel & access to El Conquistador's water park & other entertainment for the kids. What can we say other than we'll be back in 2013. Thanks to Ana, Eddie, Carlos & Eggy for another great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Ademsnyc,

It was lovely having you back with us in paradise for the sixth year. We all consider you as a part of our extended family and we all hope to see little Drew grow up with fond memories of the Water Park, Palomino island and of all his friends here at Las Casitas Village.

I will pass on your kind comments to all of our rock stars! See you next year...smiles.

Woodbury, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The first thing you should know about Las Casitas Village is that the casino in the main hotel is closed. Closed on September 30th. Funny how it is not mentioned at all on their website -- and I booked from their website on October 15th. When I mentioned this to the Manager at the front desk it was never addressed. Yes -- it made a difference and I probably would not have stayed there. I did not want to rent a car and liked the idea of having everything at one place. Perhaps that is why they don't say anything. The area where the casino was is now an area called "21" where there is air hockey and other such games for kids and parents alike. Not the same thing.

The place is beautiful but there were just too many things wrong. We had hot water issues two days in a row. When I was told I would lose one of my restaurant reservations because the water was not fixed and we could not get ready on time, I really lost it. Told them that they should do whatever they needed to do to make sure we were eating at that restaurant that evening. Finally they did.

Found out two days into our stay that we had a butler -- not sure what he was going to do for us but why wasn't I told when we checked in?

Turn down service was nice but when the wet towels are taken, they should be replenished. We were short towels each time.

I was very unhappy that this stay was not all I thought it should be -- especially for that price. People were nice -- and fixed the issues afterwards but would have rather had no issues.

Dear rpj22,

Thank you for selecting our Resort for your recent vacation. We strive to always please our guests putting forth a first rate product, in a unique location while providing anticipatory service. I regret that you were unable to experience that ambiance as it is never our intention for any guest to experience a less than excellent visit with us.
Please believe we made no secrets of the Casino departure. It was removed from our website and a notification banner was placed on our reservations page, a press release was also issued. Our business philosophy is to earn our guests loyalty by providing sincere and attentive service.
I spoke with your butler Steven who was very apologetic for the rough start of your stay. This was not usual for Steven and we sincerely hope that Maria and Steven were able to make it up to you past the first two days.
Dear rpj22, I do hope that this experience will not discourage you to visit us again in the future. We value your loyalty and want to provide you with the hospitality and service you deserve and expect when staying in our Resort.

NYC, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in 12/12 with my children. The service was very weak. We had to wait 45 minutes for some grilled cheese sandwiches at Las Brisas even though it was half empty. The waiters just mill about. A handful of times we were charged at the restaurants for items we didn't order. There were no towels at one of the pools and although we called twice asking for towels, they never came. We called down two times to request a bandaid which was delivered 30 minutes after we asked. These are just a few examples.

The property is nice but the upkeep could certainly be better. I would only go back if I got a really good deal. This is a four star resort with three star upkeep and two to three star service. On the positive side, if you are going to sit by a pool, the infinity pool may be one of the nicest pools to sit by in the islands.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Had a great stay at Las Casitas early December. 3 nights and wish we had more. Room was nice, great view off the balcony and our own hot tub on another deck. Ate at the resort twice - food was not cheap but enjoyed our meal, especially at Stingray, great ambiance in the marina and delicious meal. Didnt think the walk to El Con was all that bad as we were back and forth to the pools, restaurants, funicular quite often. Palomino island was really nice and the ferry was just a short ride. Good location as easy to get to marinas for excursions or biobay tour.

Wonderful service throughout, clean and well kept property....everything great as long as you know ahead you are paying resort markup for everything ($6 bottle of beer from the convenience store, for instance).

Golden Door Spa is terrific as well.

Only negative was we found out when we got there , after following the resort map and being sure we were in the right spot, that the casino had closed on September 30th.

Would definitely recommend and would like to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!