“So much fun for the whole family!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 48 Activities in Fajardo
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Snorkeling adventure of a lifetime as you pilot your own 40 horse power inflatable MINI BOAT in an excursion across the uninhabited cays and stunning beaches off Fajardo, Puerto Rico's eastern coast!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“So much fun for the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The boat ride was fun and a great workout! Lol! The snorkeling was beautiful! The guides were wonderful! They were funny and informative and really made the trip a great time! We did many activities while we were in Puerto Rico and the entire family agrees that this was the best part of the trip! We saw lots of fish and the guides were great about showing us where the best spots to see fish and beautiful corals are. I would take this tour again when we go back to Puerto Rico!

Atlanta, GA
31 attraction reviews
“Exciting & Exhilarating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family of four - parents and two teen sons - had an awesome day with Gilbert and Ephraim with Mini Boat Adventures! The marina was easy to find, check in and safety talk/instruction were a breeze, equipment sizing and pick up was quick and in no time we were piloting our mini boat out of the harbor. The first ten minutes were a little scary and I (Mom) had some second thoughts. The water was quite rough and choppy, the ride in the front of our two man boat piloted by my 18 year old was wet and wild. (My driver reminded me I could offload onto the larger lead boat but I bravely declined. Good to know it is an option, though.) Later when the boat planed I was able to sit in the back for a smoother ride. Still, it is not for the faint of heart and if motion sickness is an issue I would suggest you plan & medicate accordingly. We rode for about 20 minutes to a nice snorkel spot where the guides led a snorkel tour (life jackets required on/near each swimmer) around some beautiful coral. Lots of colorful fish were visable. After about 30 minutes in the water the boats caravan over to Palaminito Island - a tiny, picturesque spot that lured both charter catamarans and private boats for snorkeling. Here Ephraim led a second snorkel tour while Gilbert visited with other guests sharing fun facts about his island life and travels. After a good amount of leisure here we headed back to the marina. In all the tour lasted almost four hours - an hour longer than we expected - and was very reasonably priced at $75/pp before tax and tip. The boats were in good condition, life jackets were mandatory, speed was kept in check and yet still it was an exciting and exhilarating ride. Small coolers were provided that contained bottled water, granola bars, Pringles or similar assorted snacks - a nice touch. Flippers and snorkel gear came with but you could also bring your own. Bring an extra towel and maybe an extra t-shirt. Almost everything in the boat gets wet except for what can fit in a small watertight compartment. I would also suggest you reapply sunscreen often as the life jacket rubbed off what we applied (50!) and we got burned. This trip, while fun and fabulous, might not be for everybody. Perhaps not for you if you have concerns about high speeds (max 40 mph) crashing waves, or thoughts of going overboard. Also you probably want to be fit enough to get into and out of the inflatable mini boat yourself and sit comfortably in tight spaces. If you do have a sense of adventure - then this mini boat tour is for you!

Visited July 2012
Bradenton, Florida
“mini boat and snorkel trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I had a blast on this excursion! The staff was great, they made sure everyone was having a great time but safe at the same time. The company offers a $15 photo package where one of the staff members takes pictures with a waterproof digital camera, I would highly recommend this. They got some great shots that will be fun to show our friends and family. It's about an hour drive from the San Juan area but it is worth it!

East Meadow, New York
“Best day of our entire vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spent one entire day with Kayaking Puerto Rico - Mini Boat Snorkelling at 1:00pm then Bio-Bay at 6:00. The absolute perfect trip for a family. Kids had a great time (ages 13 and 11) and the staff was extremely knowledgable and patient. We weren't rushed at all.
This is a must when in PR!

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Mini Boats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was a great excursion. I recommend this trip for anyone looking to snorkel and wanting to explore the small islands off Fajardo. Each boat has a small cooler with snacks or you can bring your own. If you are driving to the marina allow extra time as we got lost several times. Glad we made it on time as this was one of our favorite outings while visiting Puerto Rico.