I had to get a last-minute hotel room Easter weekend because of conflict with my fellow travelers. I was pretty upset and Marisol at the front desk was super sympathetic and understanding. At first, she said they didn't have an extra room, but then someone gave her some info about a room being cleaned that would be available. She set me up with the room right away and gave me a 20% discount for my 3-night stay for a suite.
The service at the front desk was always good. And someone was always available, 24/7.
The hotel seemed to have a ton of amenities: several huge, beautiful pools linked together, a business room (for internet access and work stuff), some coin-operated washers and dryers which came in really handy after my trips to the bio bay and the rainforest, a mini-golf course (this cost extra, but a nice feature to have available), a fitness center, a store or two for traveling necessities and souvenirs, I think maybe a hot tub, too. I actually didn't need anything besides the washer and dryer, though, since I was super busy exploring the area everyday.
There was also a good deal of parking. Felt totally secure parking my rental car here.
The room: large suite, plenty of A/C, tile floors throughout (didn't realize how good this was until I stayed in a crappy hotel in San Juan with damp carpeting :/ ), a decent-sized fridge/freezer, microwave, dishes, kitchen sink and counters, table with chairs. The bathroom was beautiful, clean, and with plenty of toiletries and towels. Great water pressure, too! Toilet worked like a champ (sometimes a problem in PR, I found). Big closet, in-room safe, armoire with a tv inside, king-size bed (in my suite at least).
This place was fantastic - loved the service, the cost, the cleanliness, and the room.
Fajardo Inn is somewhat further away from attractions, but with a rental car or a well-planned excursion through tour groups (check with the front desk/concierge), you're within driving distance from El Yunque (20 mins unless you get lost like I did), Las Croabas (bio bay and beach - 15 mins), Luquillo kiosks (lots of great food stands and restaurants along a beautiful beach - 15 mins), and the ferry for Culebra and Vieques. And close to Ceiba's airport to catch a charter flight to those islands (totally worth the 88 bucks roundtrip to avoid the hassle of the ferry).
- Also Known As:
- The Fajardo Hotel Fajardo
- The Fajardo Hotel
- Fajardo Inn
- Fajardo Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Hotel Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Hotel
- The Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fajardo Inn offers clean and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, vacationers, and events, such as conferences, retreats and weddings. Also offered is a unique on-line honeymoon registry. Relax beside one of our pools, one with water bar, spa, beach, waterfall and slide. Dine at our Blue Iguana Mexican restaurant, or the elegant Star Fish Restaurant. Try our mini-putt, or one of many excursions, such as hiking El Yunque Rain Forest, kayaking, snorkeling or diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Fajardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.