My wife and I stayed at the Fajardo Inn for 3 nights during our trip to Puerto Rico and I would have given it 3.5 stars if I could - better than average, but not quite very good. I would describe this resort as a nice place - for exactly what it is... a good value resort that can be utilized as an excellent launching pad for day trips.
+ Value - This is a great resort-like place for families looking to come on a budget. There are multiple pools, mini-golf, basketball courts, and a gym. You will definitely find nicer places, but I guarantee they will significantly more. Everything is clean and well maintained. They also seemed to do a good job of grouping singles/couple in one area and families in another, really allowing everyone to enjoy the resort based on their needs.
+ Location for day trips (not for staying around the hotel) - You can hop in your car and be at the Ferry for Culebra and Vieques in 5 mins, El Yunque in less than 30 mins, Luqillo Beach in 20 mins, and the Bioluminescent Bay in 10 mins.
+ Talking birds... gotta love those talking birds
+ Friendly staff who were helfpul with driections
- Pool/Beach Towels... are you kidding me!!! Their towles are as thin as T-shirts. They are very strict on returning towels and not losing your towel cards ($25 for each card if you do). The towels might be worth 50 cents on a good day, but don't lose that card or misplace your towel. Even front desk clerk checking us in joked about their towel situation.
- Internet in the lobby only. Makes it a bit tougher for planning those day trips
- Location in town is not the greatest. You must drive to any restaurants (other than the 2 restaurants attached to the hotel) or to the beach.
= Blue Iguana is a typical tex-mex type restaurant that serves the purpose of an easy meal or a drink instead of needing to get into your car to go to a good restaurant. An ideal place after a long day when you just want a quick meal and aren't expecting anything that will knock your socks off. Great deals on the daily special. Staff was very attentive and friendly at the restaurant.
= Mini-golf was really fun for only ~$2 for each person, but the course has definitely seen some better days. Just like the resort, a good value for exactly what it is...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fajardo Inn offers clean and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, vacationers, and events, such as conferences, retreats and weddings. Also offered is a unique on-line honeymoon registry. Relax beside one of our pools, one with water bar, spa, beach, waterfall and slide. Dine at our Blue Iguana Mexican restaurant, or the elegant Star Fish Restaurant. Try our mini-putt, or one of many excursions, such as hiking El Yunque Rain Forest, kayaking, snorkeling or diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Fajardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fajardo Hotel Fajardo
- Fajardo Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Hotel Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico
- The Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico