We went for business and leisure and had a 2.5 yr old and 9 month old. They put us in the Las Casitas Village...AMAZING!!! It was a condo like room. Full size granite/stainless steel fully loaded kitchen, spacious living room and dining area, double french door balcony, a nice spacious bathroom and a nice room in the back with double beds. Looks like there should have been room for a washer dryer but ours was missing, our friends had one, which would have been nice. We had the upstairs, it was amazing view of the ocean but we had a double stroller that was a pain to carry up and down every day. The resort is HUGE...be ready to WALK A LOT!!! Lots of nice pools, the waterpark was amazing for little kids and fun for adults as well. We didnt have to pay for it bc of our company but $14.95 a day could have been a little annoying, not sure why it's not just included like other resorts. The private boat ride is short and fun over the the AMAZING island. The water and beach is breathtaking. Nice huts for shade. If you were into exploring or adventure (i wasn't with 2 babies) it looked to have a lot to do.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were slightly comfy, not the best but not uncomfortable. My only compliant would have been the awful food! It was a common agreement among all of our friends that the food just wasn't good here and it was expensive. They had a market grocery store in the lobby since u have a full size kitchen but it was very pricey! Room service cost us $50 for 2 chicken tender meals and 2 cans of pop, still weren't very good. Even eating with our company (which is always amazing) the food was just ok, so don't come expecting gourmet dining.
Overall, a wonderful vacation, I will go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hilton Hotels so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo