Stayed at the El Conquistador for business and have to agree with the other reviews on the cleanliness of the rooms.
It is one thing to be an older hotel in need of an update but it is entirely something different to be old and dirty on top of that.
There was hair in my shower and on the floor.
The bed spread was so old and worn down it was paper thin and that made me not want to sit down on it or touch anything.
They are undergoing a much needed face lift in the rooms and other than that I have no other complaints about the facility.
The spa was truly something special and the views are breathtaking.
I have to disgree with some of the reviews regarding the restaurants, I thought they were all terrific and actually ate at Stingrays twice and had the exact same dish (Chilean Sea Bass) both times.
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo