The El Conquistador is a beautiful hotel with beautiful grounds. It was very empty when we were there in December. Although I enjoyed my stay I felt the hotel was a bit too remote. Going anywhere from the hotel cost a fair chunk of change, which then leaves you eating in the hotel restaurants. The restaurants were good but New York City Prices.
You have to take the boat to the island Palomino where the hotel has their beach.The beach is nice but rough on your feet because it is made of coral (bring water shoes). The food at the beach is really bad and there are flies around the eating area. We chose to stay at the pool The bar at the dock where you take the ferry to Palomino was really good. Their drinks tasted like real drinks. Other bars in the hotel, the drinks tasted watered down and they too cost as much as a drink in NYC.
We had a beautiful room looking out at the pool and the water. It was really nice. The only thing that was strange was the fire alarm was going off when we got there and then woke us up once in the middle of the night. They were false alarms but that was a bit weird.
Overall I would say it was really nice for 3 nights as a get away. If you want to see more of the attractions on the island it is probably not the right place. It is about 50 minutes from San Juan.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- El Conquistador
- El Conquistador Resort Golden Door Spa
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island or the brand new water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.